NACUBO Live! 2017 Student Financial Services Conference
Live Broadcast from the 2017 Student Financial Services Conference
Join us on Monday, March 20 and Tuesday, March 21 for a live broadcast from the NACUBO 2017 Student Financial Services Conference. You'll hear directly from panelists in real-time, earn credits, have the ability to ask questions and have access to the recordings from the selected sessions below.
Each of the sessions below will be available for on-demand viewing, however only attendees who participate in the live streaming can earn credits. Each individual can earn up to three (3) credits per the list below.
Please note: the recordings below will be complimentary to attendees of the program in Las Vegas, NV.
Monday, March 20(11:05 am PT/2:05 pm ET) - Vendor Management
Speakers: Wendy Pursell, Kuztown University
1 creditDo you dread hiring new vendors and creating and soliciting RFP’s? When one of your vendors calls to check in, do you feel like a deer caught in headlights? Help is on the way! Review key items to include in an RFP, our obligations as a customer, and our vendors’ obligations. In this team effort, when one side slacks or is not happy, the relationship—and productivity—falters. Walk away with best practices—and maybe even sample RFP language.
Speakers: Julee Otter and Lissa Perrone, Oregon State University
1 creditYour institution was just tapped to be audited. Now what? Hear what you and your team should expect. You'll hear direct from one auditor about the areas they often focus on and the most common findings.
(9:25 am PT/12:25 pm ET) - Comprehensive Reform of Student Financial Services - A Pathway to Enrichment
Speakers: Eli Herr and Dee Wilson, Portland Community College
1 creditLearn about the power of iterative success to influence perceptions and build momentum for change throughout your institution. Focusing on one institution’s comprehensive approach to simplified and integrated student financial services across multiple divisions, you’ll explore the broad-reaching policy changes that improved financial aid delivery, course fill rates, and payment results. Identify policy changes that enhanced access points, empowered students, and improved service delivery across the spectrum while operational improvements increased opportunities for high-touch service and financial outreach.
Four additional recordings will be available on Wednesday, April 5 (no credits available for recordings):
- General Session: Student Financial Services: Update for the Profession
- Path to a Financial Wellness Center
- Changing the Face of Student Accounts: Supportive Student Care
- Student Financial Responsibility Agreements: Protecting Your Institution
What You Will Learn
- Recognize ways to increase efficiencies and improve services to students.
- Learn how to lead change, manage staff, and illustrate how to work cooperatively across offices.
- Learn about the latest regulatory and policy changes and assess how they may impact your institution
Who Should Attend
- Controllers and Business Officers
- Financial Advisers
- Financial Aid Administrators
- Integrated Services Staff
- Student Financial Services Directors
- Student Loan Managers
- Course Level: Intermediate
- Course Type: Internet based training
- CPE Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge and Applications
- Length: Three hours
- Prerequisites: none
- CPE Credits: Three (3) credits are available. Please note: to earn CPEs each person must register individually participate in polling/checkpoints and complete the evaluation.
FeesMember Registration Fee: $159.00
Non-Member Registration Fee: $299.00