Innovative Ways to Fund and Launch Online Degree Programs
Tuesday, March 28, 2017 1:00PM ET
Both small and large institutions have relied on online program management providers to quickly expand online course offerings through bundled revenue share arrangements. Over time the price tag and lengthy arrangements with online program management providers have left many universities in search of alternative methods to fund and build courses that align with their unique brand.
Learn how both Schreiner University and the University of Pittsburgh worked with iDesign to develop a customized, unbundled, fee-for-service program for their respective programs. This webcast will address how institutions, like Schreiner and the University of Pittsburgh, are exploring alternatives to the standard online program management systems.
What You Will Learn
After participating in this program, you will be able to:
- Describe key differences between the incumbent bundled revenue share model and the unbundled fee-for-service approaches to online program management.
- Better understand the financial commitments and return on investment associated with fee-for-service program development.
- Recognize the rationale and pain points faced by leaders of regional and national universities.
- Describe how the underlying incentive structure and execution strategy allows universities to take a faculty-centric approach to developing online and blended programs.
Meet the Presenters
- Charlie McCormick, president, Schreiner University
- Rabikar Chatterjee, associate dean, Joseph M. Katz Graduate School of Business, University of Pittsburgh
- William Valenta, assistant dean of MBA and executive programs, Joseph M. Katz Graduate School of Business, University of Pittsburgh
- Paxton Riter, chief executive officer, iDesign
- Maryann Terrana, director, member engagement, NACUBO
Who Should Attend
- Provosts/Chief academic officers
- Chief business officers
- Chief finance officers
- Academic deans
- Directors of online education
- Vice presidents of enrollment
- Course Level: Intermediate
- Course Type: Group internet based training
- CPE Field of Study: Management Services
- Length: 75 minutes
- Prerequisites: none
- CPE Credits: 1.5 (each person must register individually to earn CPEs)
FeesMember Site Registration: $129.00
Non-Member Site Registration: $159.00
Viewing a Program
If you have registered for a NACUBO webcast:
- Log in to MY NACUBO
- Click My Distance Learning Programs under the My Professional Development Section
- Click the name of the webcast you wish to view
- The webcast will open in a new window
For online purchases NACUBO only accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Diners Club
To pay by check or purchase order
please use our
mail-in registration forms
For further assistance contact
For technical support visit our online:
- Windows XP/Vista/7
- Windows Media Player 10,11 or 12
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 or later
- Flash Player 10.x
NACUBO is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.