Funding Information Technology
NACUBO is pleased to announce the publication of an executive briefing titled "Funding Information Technology." This briefing provides a summary of the discussion among a working group established by EDUCAUSE in cooperation with NACUBO. The group comprises nearly 50 information technology leaders and business officers from colleges and universities of varied sizes and Carnegie classes, who shared experiences through a structured discussion throughout 2002. The briefing offers a set of guidelines and recommendations that have succeeded on many campuses; it also references some recent supportive literature for further reading.
A print copy of the briefing was sent in January 2004 to more than 4,200 presidents and chancellors of U.S. colleges and universities and selected foreign institutions. A PDF version of the briefing is available for circulation on your campus.
Aligning IT Strategy to Open Source, Partnering and Web Services
By Bradley C. Wheeler, Indiana University.
NACUBO gratefully acknowledges permission to post these results published by the EDUCAUSE Center for Applied Research. Evolutionary shifts in technology, user requirements, and the economics of information technology periodically create inflection points for reassessing IT strategy...
Briefings for Senior Executives
EDUCAUSE maintains a set of topical briefings to help senior executives achieve a working knowledge of IT issues and strategies.
EDUCAUSE Core Data Service
The EDUCAUSE 2002 Core Data Service Summary Report highlights the core data survey responses about information technology at more than 635 colleges and universities in the United States and abroad. The report presents aggregates of data in five areas: IT organization, staffing, and planning; IT financing and management; faculty and student computing; networking and security; and information systems.
Cutting Edge IT Resources
- The Business Value Web: Resourcing Business Processes and Solutions in Higher Education
- E-Business in Education: What You Need to Know
- Flashlight Cost Analysis Handbook: Studying and Improving How a Technology-Related Program or Service Uses Time, Money, and Other Resources
- Web Portals & Higher Education
IT Management Books
- NACUBO Responds to GASB's Fair Value Proposal
- IRS Again Issues 1098-T Fine Notices
- SEC Approves Money Market Fund Reform
- 2014 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 22-23, 2014
- 2014 Tax Forum
September 28-September 30, 2014
- 2014 Global Operations Forum
September 30-October 1, 2014
- 2014 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Fall
October 13-14, 2014
- WEBCAST: Strategic Tuition Assessment and Tuition Restructuring
Thursday, September 4, 2014 1:00 PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Are Shared Services Right for Your Organization – The KU Journey
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: FASB's Proposed NFP Reporting Changes
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Global Operations Support and Compliance Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis