Funding Information Technology
NACUBO is pleased to announce the publication of an executive briefing titled "Funding Information Technology." This briefing provides a summary of the discussion among a working group established by EDUCAUSE in cooperation with NACUBO. The group comprises nearly 50 information technology leaders and business officers from colleges and universities of varied sizes and Carnegie classes, who shared experiences through a structured discussion throughout 2002. The briefing offers a set of guidelines and recommendations that have succeeded on many campuses; it also references some recent supportive literature for further reading.
A print copy of the briefing was sent in January 2004 to more than 4,200 presidents and chancellors of U.S. colleges and universities and selected foreign institutions. A PDF version of the briefing is available for circulation on your campus.
Aligning IT Strategy to Open Source, Partnering and Web Services
By Bradley C. Wheeler, Indiana University.
NACUBO gratefully acknowledges permission to post these results published by the EDUCAUSE Center for Applied Research. Evolutionary shifts in technology, user requirements, and the economics of information technology periodically create inflection points for reassessing IT strategy...
Briefings for Senior Executives
EDUCAUSE maintains a set of topical briefings to help senior executives achieve a working knowledge of IT issues and strategies.
EDUCAUSE Core Data Service
The EDUCAUSE 2002 Core Data Service Summary Report highlights the core data survey responses about information technology at more than 635 colleges and universities in the United States and abroad. The report presents aggregates of data in five areas: IT organization, staffing, and planning; IT financing and management; faculty and student computing; networking and security; and information systems.
Cutting Edge IT Resources
- The Business Value Web: Resourcing Business Processes and Solutions in Higher Education
- E-Business in Education: What You Need to Know
- Flashlight Cost Analysis Handbook: Studying and Improving How a Technology-Related Program or Service Uses Time, Money, and Other Resources
- Web Portals & Higher Education
IT Management Books
- Tuition Discount Rates Reach New Record Level in 2015-16
- ED Offers Supplemental Cash Management Guidance
- Federal Agencies Release Guidance on Civil Rights Protections for Transgender Students
- 2016 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 1-2, 2016
- 2016 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 19-20, 2016
- 2016 Managerial Analysis and Decision Support
November 17-18, 2016
- WEBCAST: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
Thursday, May 26, 2016 1:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: Containing Cost and Risk with Renewables – the Power Purchase Agreement Story
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Are Hedge Funds and Private Equity Right for You? An Analysis of Alternative Investments
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives