Workshop to Offer Deeper Dive on Bond Compliance Issues
September 19, 2014
In collaboration with NACUBO, the Treasury Institute for Higher Education in offering its third Tax Exempt Bond Compliance Workshop. This year's event is being held December 10-12 in Orlando, Fla., and will take a case study approach to tax exempt bond compliance issues. The program offers an interactive learning experience, breaking attendees into small groups to work through Private Business Use (PBU) calculations and will leverage the expertise of faculty and participants to share best practices and develop successful strategies for bond compliance.
New this year is a one-day Pre-Workshop Primer program offering first-time attendees and those in need of a refresher an opportunity to become familiar with the terms, concepts, and vocabulary of tax exempt bond compliance. The Primer program will include a review of the basic components of calculating PBU and examine how to develop and build a tax-exempt bond compliance policy for your institution.
This workshop will enable attendees to:
- Identify types of PBU using various sources including surveys.
- Learn about the exceptions to PBU such as the Qualified Building Improvement Exception.
- Participate in a demonstration of the use of allocation methods to manage PBU.
- Walk through PBU computations of various campus buildings and complex scenarios.
- Learn best practices for post issuance compliance.
- Receive tips for preparation of the Form 990, Schedule K.
- Prepare for an IRS Bond Compliance site visit or audit.
- Discuss best practices and learn from your peers.
Director, Tax Policy
- NACUBO and FASB Discuss Grant Revenue Recognition
- ED Proposes Auditing Safeguards Rule Compliance
- NACUBO and ACE to Negotiate Rates for Use of Music on Campus
- WEBCAST: NACUBO Live! 2017 Higher Education Accounting Forum
May 7-9, 2017
- WEBCAST: Update to Strategic Financial Analysis in Higher Education, 7th Edition: Corrections and Clarifications
Thursday, May 25, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Results of the 2016 NACUBO Tuition Discounting Study
Wednesday, May 31, 2017 1:00 PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: How to Budget for Technology That Aligns with Institutional Goals
- ON-DEMAND: What’s Happening in Student Financial Services?
- ON-DEMAND: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO