Workshop to Offer Deeper Dive on Bond Compliance Issues
September 19, 2014
In collaboration with NACUBO, the Treasury Institute for Higher Education in offering its third Tax Exempt Bond Compliance Workshop. This year's event is being held December 10-12 in Orlando, Fla., and will take a case study approach to tax exempt bond compliance issues. The program offers an interactive learning experience, breaking attendees into small groups to work through Private Business Use (PBU) calculations and will leverage the expertise of faculty and participants to share best practices and develop successful strategies for bond compliance.
New this year is a one-day Pre-Workshop Primer program offering first-time attendees and those in need of a refresher an opportunity to become familiar with the terms, concepts, and vocabulary of tax exempt bond compliance. The Primer program will include a review of the basic components of calculating PBU and examine how to develop and build a tax-exempt bond compliance policy for your institution.
This workshop will enable attendees to:
- Identify types of PBU using various sources including surveys.
- Learn about the exceptions to PBU such as the Qualified Building Improvement Exception.
- Participate in a demonstration of the use of allocation methods to manage PBU.
- Walk through PBU computations of various campus buildings and complex scenarios.
- Learn best practices for post issuance compliance.
- Receive tips for preparation of the Form 990, Schedule K.
- Prepare for an IRS Bond Compliance site visit or audit.
- Discuss best practices and learn from your peers.
Director, Tax Policy
- FASB Proposes Changes to Investment Disclosures
- Retiring Harkin Introduces Higher Education Bill
- GASB Releases Preliminary Views on Fiduciary Activities
- 2015 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 22-23, 2015
- 2015 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 4-6, 2015
- 2015 Unrelated Business Income Tax
February 25-27, 2015
- ON-DEMAND: How to Build, Develop, and Support a Compliance Program at Your Institution
- ON-DEMAND: Strategic Tuition Assessment and Tuition Restructuring
- ON-DEMAND: Are Shared Services Right for Your Organization – The KU Journey
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis