Workshop to Offer Deeper Dive on Bond Compliance Issues
September 19, 2014
In collaboration with NACUBO, the Treasury Institute for Higher Education in offering its third Tax Exempt Bond Compliance Workshop. This year's event is being held December 10-12 in Orlando, Fla., and will take a case study approach to tax exempt bond compliance issues. The program offers an interactive learning experience, breaking attendees into small groups to work through Private Business Use (PBU) calculations and will leverage the expertise of faculty and participants to share best practices and develop successful strategies for bond compliance.
New this year is a one-day Pre-Workshop Primer program offering first-time attendees and those in need of a refresher an opportunity to become familiar with the terms, concepts, and vocabulary of tax exempt bond compliance. The Primer program will include a review of the basic components of calculating PBU and examine how to develop and build a tax-exempt bond compliance policy for your institution.
This workshop will enable attendees to:
- Identify types of PBU using various sources including surveys.
- Learn about the exceptions to PBU such as the Qualified Building Improvement Exception.
- Participate in a demonstration of the use of allocation methods to manage PBU.
- Walk through PBU computations of various campus buildings and complex scenarios.
- Learn best practices for post issuance compliance.
- Receive tips for preparation of the Form 990, Schedule K.
- Prepare for an IRS Bond Compliance site visit or audit.
- Discuss best practices and learn from your peers.
Director, Tax Policy
- NACUBO Provides Input on Tax Reform
- FASB Considers Delaying Revenue Recognition Standard
- Push for Resolution to 1098-T Fines Continues
- 2015 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 3-4, 2015
- 2015 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 28-29, 2015
- WEBCAST: NACUBO LIVE!: The Future Chief Business Officer
Tuesday, April 28, 2015 11:00AM ET
- WEBCAST: Analytics that Support Planning, Budgeting, and Results
Thursday, April 30, 2015 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Corporate Sponsorships: Getting it Right
Thursday, May 14, 2015 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Lessons Learned in Communicating Financial Information Effectively
Monday, May 18, 2015 1:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Looking Under the Hood: Using Web-based Tools for Evaluating Institutional Financial Aid Policy
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis