Upcoming Workshop on Bond Compliance
July 12, 2012
NACUBO collaborated with the Treasury Institute for Higher Education in designing The Tax-Exempt Bond Compliance Workshop, scheduled for September 10-11, in Indianapolis. The program, geared toward university treasury and tax compliance staff, offers an interactive learning experience. Leverage the expertise of faculty and participants to share best practices and develop successful strategies for tax-exempt bond compliance.
This workshop will enable you to:
- Review tax-exempt bond fundamentals and the ABCs of tax-exempt bond issuance and post issuance compliance.
- Discuss private business use compliance issues.
- Hear from the IRS Tax-Exempt Bond Division.
- Discuss the components of a comprehensive bond compliance policy.
- Hear how other higher education bond compliance practitioners have implemented bond compliance policies.
- Get suggestions and strategies from higher education in-house tax and treasury professionals on “best practices” to prepare for and manage the bond audit process.
- Build on the experience of other higher education institutions that are addressing tax-exempt bond compliance issues.
Director, Tax Policy
- Financial Responsibility Scores Released for FY13
- IRS Publishes Guidance on "Cadillac" Health Coverage
- 2014 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments Now Available Online
- ON-DEMAND: How to Build, Develop, and Support a Compliance Program at Your Institution
- ON-DEMAND: Strategic Tuition Assessment and Tuition Restructuring
- ON-DEMAND: Are Shared Services Right for Your Organization – The KU Journey
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis