Upcoming Workshop on Bond Compliance
July 12, 2012
NACUBO collaborated with the Treasury Institute for Higher Education in designing The Tax-Exempt Bond Compliance Workshop, scheduled for September 10-11, in Indianapolis. The program, geared toward university treasury and tax compliance staff, offers an interactive learning experience. Leverage the expertise of faculty and participants to share best practices and develop successful strategies for tax-exempt bond compliance.
This workshop will enable you to:
- Review tax-exempt bond fundamentals and the ABCs of tax-exempt bond issuance and post issuance compliance.
- Discuss private business use compliance issues.
- Hear from the IRS Tax-Exempt Bond Division.
- Discuss the components of a comprehensive bond compliance policy.
- Hear how other higher education bond compliance practitioners have implemented bond compliance policies.
- Get suggestions and strategies from higher education in-house tax and treasury professionals on “best practices” to prepare for and manage the bond audit process.
- Build on the experience of other higher education institutions that are addressing tax-exempt bond compliance issues.
Director, Tax Policy
- NACUBO Expresses Concerns with ED Proposal to Expand Federal Financial Responsibility Rules
- IRS Proposes Modifications to 1098-T Reporting
- ED Policy to Require Annual Student Aid Compliance Audits Beginning FY17
- 2016 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 19-20, 2016
- 2016 Big Opportunities for Small Institutions
September 20-21, 2016
- 2016 Tax Forum
September 25-27, 2016
- ON-DEMAND: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus
- ON-DEMAND: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives