New IRS Publications
February 25, 2004
The Internal Revenue Service has recently updated a number of publications relevant to tax administration and compliance on campus, including the current employer guides to withholding, fringe benefits, and tax-sheltered annuity plans.
Publication 15, Circular E, Employer’s Tax Guide, including Publication 15-A, Employer’s Supplemental Tax Guide and Publication 15-B, Employer’s Tax Guide for Fringe Benefits
Publication 513, Tax Information for Visitors to the U.S.
Publication 571, Tax Sheletered Annuity Plans (403(b) Plans) for Employees of Public Schools and Certain Tax-Exempt Organizations
Publication 970, Tax Benefits for Education for Use in Preparing 2003 Returns
Publication 1187, Specifications for Filing Forms 1042-S Electronically or Magnetically
Exempt Organizations Continuing Professional Education Text, “’Automatic’ Excess Benefit Transactions under the Section 4958 Intermediate Sanctions.” This article, intended as internal guidance for IRS staff, describes situations when economic benefits received by disqualified persons (insiders) will be considered as “automatic” excess benefit transactions.
- Final Report for the 2016 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments is Now Available
- What Did I Miss? February 28-March 20, 2017
- ACA Repeal Moves Forward as House Republicans Unveil Their Health Care Replacement Plan
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Friday, March 31, 2017 12:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: What’s Happening in Student Financial Services?
Thursday, April 13, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: How to Budget for Technology That Aligns with Institutional Goals
Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Update to Strategic Financial Analysis for Higher Education, 7th Edition: Corrections, Clarifications, and Consistency of Application
Monday, May 22, 2017 1:00PM ET