New IRS Publications
February 25, 2004
The Internal Revenue Service has recently updated a number of publications relevant to tax administration and compliance on campus, including the current employer guides to withholding, fringe benefits, and tax-sheltered annuity plans.
Publication 15, Circular E, Employer’s Tax Guide, including Publication 15-A, Employer’s Supplemental Tax Guide and Publication 15-B, Employer’s Tax Guide for Fringe Benefits
Publication 513, Tax Information for Visitors to the U.S.
Publication 571, Tax Sheletered Annuity Plans (403(b) Plans) for Employees of Public Schools and Certain Tax-Exempt Organizations
Publication 970, Tax Benefits for Education for Use in Preparing 2003 Returns
Publication 1187, Specifications for Filing Forms 1042-S Electronically or Magnetically
Exempt Organizations Continuing Professional Education Text, “’Automatic’ Excess Benefit Transactions under the Section 4958 Intermediate Sanctions.” This article, intended as internal guidance for IRS staff, describes situations when economic benefits received by disqualified persons (insiders) will be considered as “automatic” excess benefit transactions.
- Federal Court Postpones Effective Date of Overtime Rule
- 1098-T Box 1 Reporting Will Not be Required Until 2018 Tax Year
- EPA Issues Hazardous Waste Generator Improvements Rule
- 2017 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 23-24, 2017
- 2017 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 1-3, 2017
- ON-DEMAND: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus
- ON-DEMAND: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives