New IRS Publications
February 25, 2004
The Internal Revenue Service has recently updated a number of publications relevant to tax administration and compliance on campus, including the current employer guides to withholding, fringe benefits, and tax-sheltered annuity plans.
Publication 15, Circular E, Employer’s Tax Guide, including Publication 15-A, Employer’s Supplemental Tax Guide and Publication 15-B, Employer’s Tax Guide for Fringe Benefits
Publication 513, Tax Information for Visitors to the U.S.
Publication 571, Tax Sheletered Annuity Plans (403(b) Plans) for Employees of Public Schools and Certain Tax-Exempt Organizations
Publication 970, Tax Benefits for Education for Use in Preparing 2003 Returns
Publication 1187, Specifications for Filing Forms 1042-S Electronically or Magnetically
Exempt Organizations Continuing Professional Education Text, “’Automatic’ Excess Benefit Transactions under the Section 4958 Intermediate Sanctions.” This article, intended as internal guidance for IRS staff, describes situations when economic benefits received by disqualified persons (insiders) will be considered as “automatic” excess benefit transactions.
- Broad Coalition Presses for Expansion of Employer-Provided Tuition Benefits
- New GASB Standard Tackles Fiduciary Activities
- New Report Details Charitable Giving to Colleges and Universities
- WEBCAST: Planning Components of Civil Discourse
Wednesday, March 15, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: NACUBO Live! 2017 Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
- ON-DEMAND: Compliance Challenges for the New EPA Hazardous Waste Rule
- ON-DEMAND: The ROI of Student Success: Practical Considerations for Measuring and Conveying the Financial Value of Student Support Services
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Student Financial Services Conference