New IRS Publications
February 25, 2004
The Internal Revenue Service has recently updated a number of publications relevant to tax administration and compliance on campus, including the current employer guides to withholding, fringe benefits, and tax-sheltered annuity plans.
Publication 15, Circular E, Employer’s Tax Guide, including Publication 15-A, Employer’s Supplemental Tax Guide and Publication 15-B, Employer’s Tax Guide for Fringe Benefits
Publication 513, Tax Information for Visitors to the U.S.
Publication 571, Tax Sheletered Annuity Plans (403(b) Plans) for Employees of Public Schools and Certain Tax-Exempt Organizations
Publication 970, Tax Benefits for Education for Use in Preparing 2003 Returns
Publication 1187, Specifications for Filing Forms 1042-S Electronically or Magnetically
Exempt Organizations Continuing Professional Education Text, “’Automatic’ Excess Benefit Transactions under the Section 4958 Intermediate Sanctions.” This article, intended as internal guidance for IRS staff, describes situations when economic benefits received by disqualified persons (insiders) will be considered as “automatic” excess benefit transactions.
- Senator Releases Survey Results on Sexual Assault
- ED Unveils 2014 College Cost Watch Lists
- Inflation-Adjusted Net Tuition Revenue at Private Institutions Flat
- ON-DEMAND: Call the Internal Consultants: Lessons from Business Practice Improvement
- ON-DEMAND: FASB's Proposed NFP Reporting Changes
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Global Operations Support and Compliance Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis