New IRS Publications
February 25, 2004
The Internal Revenue Service has recently updated a number of publications relevant to tax administration and compliance on campus, including the current employer guides to withholding, fringe benefits, and tax-sheltered annuity plans.
Publication 15, Circular E, Employer’s Tax Guide, including Publication 15-A, Employer’s Supplemental Tax Guide and Publication 15-B, Employer’s Tax Guide for Fringe Benefits
Publication 513, Tax Information for Visitors to the U.S.
Publication 571, Tax Sheletered Annuity Plans (403(b) Plans) for Employees of Public Schools and Certain Tax-Exempt Organizations
Publication 970, Tax Benefits for Education for Use in Preparing 2003 Returns
Publication 1187, Specifications for Filing Forms 1042-S Electronically or Magnetically
Exempt Organizations Continuing Professional Education Text, “’Automatic’ Excess Benefit Transactions under the Section 4958 Intermediate Sanctions.” This article, intended as internal guidance for IRS staff, describes situations when economic benefits received by disqualified persons (insiders) will be considered as “automatic” excess benefit transactions.
- ED Proposes Substantial Expansion of Financial Responsibility Indicators
- Supreme Court Hands Down Two Decisions with Higher Education Implications
- NACUBO Objects to Annual SFA Audits
- 2016 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 1-2, 2016
- 2016 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 19-20, 2016
- 2016 Managerial Analysis and Decision Support
November 17-18, 2016
- WEBCAST: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus
Thursday, June 30, 2016 1:00 PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives