New Electronic Filing Procedure for IRS Form 990
March 11, 2004
The Internal Revenue Service has designed a new electronic filing process for Form 990 / 990EZ under the IRS e-file program, which began in February. The National Association of State Charity Officials has partnered with the IRS to ensure that state requirements are considered. Currently, 37 states/local governments accept Form 990/990EZ to satisfy their filing or registration requirements.
Form 990 is used by tax-exempt organizations including charities, private foundations, and nonprofit organizations to provide disclosure of releasable data to the public as provided by law. Release I includes Forms 990, 990EZ, 1120 POL , and 8868 . The remaining Form 990 types will be included in a later release.
For more information, see the IRS Web site.
- ED Launches New College Scorecard
- NACUBO Members Convey Legislative Priorities on Capitol Hill
- Panelists Detail Complex Campus Sexual Assault Regulations at Hearing
- 2015 Tax Forum
October 25-27, 2015
- WEBCAST: A Financially Sustainable Approach to Innovate Academic Programs
Wednesday, October 21, 2015 1:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
- ON-DEMAND: Developing Your Campus Distance Learning Strategy
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2015 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live!: CBO Speaks
- ON-DEMAND: A Just-in-Time Webcast to Explain FASB’s NFP Reporting Proposal
- ON-DEMAND: Decoding ED's Cash Management Proposal
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis