New Electronic Filing Procedure for IRS Form 990
March 11, 2004
The Internal Revenue Service has designed a new electronic filing process for Form 990 / 990EZ under the IRS e-file program, which began in February. The National Association of State Charity Officials has partnered with the IRS to ensure that state requirements are considered. Currently, 37 states/local governments accept Form 990/990EZ to satisfy their filing or registration requirements.
Form 990 is used by tax-exempt organizations including charities, private foundations, and nonprofit organizations to provide disclosure of releasable data to the public as provided by law. Release I includes Forms 990, 990EZ, 1120 POL , and 8868 . The remaining Form 990 types will be included in a later release.
For more information, see the IRS Web site.
- IRS Releases Final Report on College and University Compliance Project
- NACUBO Seeks Input on Ethics, Fraud, and Controls
- FY13 Implementation Reminder for Independent Institutions
- CAO and CBO Collaborations: Leveraging Institutional Capacity to Impact Effectiveness
August 5-6, 2013
- 2013 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 16-17, 2013
- WEBCAST: The Higher Education Accounting Forum Online
Wednesday, May 29, 2013 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM ET
- WEBCAST: Improve Your NFP Audit and Accounting Guide IQ
Wednesday, June 26, 2013 1:00 PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: OD: The Cashless and Paperless Business Office
- ON-DEMAND: Affordable Care Act: Implementation Roadmap for Colleges and Universities
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis