New Electronic Filing Procedure for IRS Form 990
March 11, 2004
The Internal Revenue Service has designed a new electronic filing process for Form 990 / 990EZ under the IRS e-file program, which began in February. The National Association of State Charity Officials has partnered with the IRS to ensure that state requirements are considered. Currently, 37 states/local governments accept Form 990/990EZ to satisfy their filing or registration requirements.
Form 990 is used by tax-exempt organizations including charities, private foundations, and nonprofit organizations to provide disclosure of releasable data to the public as provided by law. Release I includes Forms 990, 990EZ, 1120 POL , and 8868 . The remaining Form 990 types will be included in a later release.
For more information, see the IRS Web site.
- NACUBO and FASB Discuss Grant Revenue Recognition
- ED Proposes Auditing Safeguards Rule Compliance
- NACUBO and ACE to Negotiate Rates for Use of Music on Campus
- WEBCAST: NACUBO Live! 2017 Higher Education Accounting Forum
May 7-9, 2017
- WEBCAST: Update to Strategic Financial Analysis in Higher Education, 7th Edition: Corrections and Clarifications
Thursday, May 25, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Results of the 2016 NACUBO Tuition Discounting Study
Wednesday, May 31, 2017 1:00 PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: How to Budget for Technology That Aligns with Institutional Goals
- ON-DEMAND: What’s Happening in Student Financial Services?
- ON-DEMAND: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO