New Electronic Filing Procedure for IRS Form 990
March 11, 2004
The Internal Revenue Service has designed a new electronic filing process for Form 990 / 990EZ under the IRS e-file program, which began in February. The National Association of State Charity Officials has partnered with the IRS to ensure that state requirements are considered. Currently, 37 states/local governments accept Form 990/990EZ to satisfy their filing or registration requirements.
Form 990 is used by tax-exempt organizations including charities, private foundations, and nonprofit organizations to provide disclosure of releasable data to the public as provided by law. Release I includes Forms 990, 990EZ, 1120 POL , and 8868 . The remaining Form 990 types will be included in a later release.
For more information, see the IRS Web site.
- Tuition Discount Rates Reach New Record Level in 2015-16
- ED Offers Supplemental Cash Management Guidance
- Federal Agencies Release Guidance on Civil Rights Protections for Transgender Students
- 2016 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 1-2, 2016
- 2016 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 19-20, 2016
- 2016 Managerial Analysis and Decision Support
November 17-18, 2016
- WEBCAST: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
Thursday, May 26, 2016 1:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: Containing Cost and Risk with Renewables – the Power Purchase Agreement Story
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Are Hedge Funds and Private Equity Right for You? An Analysis of Alternative Investments
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives