IRS releases draft 2009 Form 990
January 14, 2010
The IRS has released a draft 2009 Form 990; the instructions have yet to be published. The draft includes the following substantive changes from the 2008 form:
- The core form directs filers to indicate whether they received audited financial statements on either a consolidated or separate entity basis. For the 2008 Form 990, only filers who received their own separate audited financial statements could indicate that they received audited financial statements. Where consolidated audited financial statements were prepared, only the parent organization of entities with consolidated financial statements could report that it received audited financial statements, even if the statements include a consolidating schedule.
- Schedule G requires reporting additional details for expenses related to fundraising events.
- Substantive sections of Schedules H (hospitals) and K (bonds) that were optional in 2008 will be required in 2009.
- Schedule J (compensation) includes a new question asking whether the organization followed the procedures to establish the rebuttable presumption of reasonableness in setting compensation in an initial contract.
To access the draft 2009 Form 990 and schedules enter Form 990 in the "Find" field and select the Product Number in the drop down box.
Director, Tax Policy
- Final Report for the 2016 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments is Now Available
- What Did I Miss? February 28-March 20, 2017
- ACA Repeal Moves Forward as House Republicans Unveil Their Health Care Replacement Plan
- WEBCAST: Innovative Ways to Fund and Launch Online Degree Programs
Tuesday, March 28, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Friday, March 31, 2017 12:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: How to Budget for Technology That Aligns with Institutional Goals
Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Update to Strategic Financial Analysis for Higher Education, 7th Edition: Corrections, Clarifications, and Consistency of Application
Monday, May 22, 2017 1:00PM ET