IRS Seeks Comments on Form 990 Instructions
April 16, 2008
The instructions for the redesigned Form 990 that institutions or their foundations will file for the 2008 tax year have been published for public comment. The redesigned and greatly expanded Form 990 and accompanying schedules were finalized on December 20, 2007.
The Service, in an effort to gather input from organizations that are transitioning to the new reporting regime, is soliciting comments from the exempt organizations community on the draft instructions that will accompany the new core form and schedules.
The draft instructions are organized with a general overview for each form, along with line-by-line instructions to help in answering each question. Also included are a glossary of terms, and a compensation table to assist organizations in determining how and where to report items of compensation, along with examples.
Comments must be submitted to IRS no later than June 1, 2008.
- Some Cash Management Changes Apply to All Institutions
- NACUBO Summarizes Regulations on Banking, Processing Relationships
- Education Funding Depends on Devil in the Details
- 2016 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 25-26, 2016
- 2016 Facilities and Administrative Rates - Long Form
January 25-26, 2016
- ON-DEMAND: Understanding ED's New Cash Management Rules
- ON-DEMAND: A Financially Sustainable Approach to Innovate Academic Programs
- ON-DEMAND: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
- ON-DEMAND: Developing Your Campus Distance Learning Strategy
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2015 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live!: CBO Speaks
- ON-DEMAND: A Just-in-Time Webcast to Explain FASB’s NFP Reporting Proposal
- ON-DEMAND: Decoding ED's Cash Management Proposal
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis