IRS Releases Draft Form 990
October 20, 2005
The Internal Revenue Service released a new draft version of its Form 990 (Return of Organization Exempt from Income Tax). The changes primarily affect the areas listing current and former officers, directors, trustees, and highly compensated employees of tax-exempt organizations, and whether those individuals have a conflict of interest due to their position with a related organization.
The new changes include the following:
- Officers, directors, trustees, and “key employees” must now be listed separately by status as either current or former.
- New information is now required for current officers, directors, trustees, and key employees:
- the total number of individuals permitted to vote on organization business at board meetings;
- whether current officers, directors, trustees, highest compensated employees, or independent contractors listed in Schedule A are related to one another through business or family relationships;
- whether those individuals listed in Schedule A receive compensation from any other organizations, tax exempt or taxable, that are related to the organization through common supervision or common control; and
- whether the organization has a conflict-of-interest policy in place.
- Two new questions ask whether the organization has a financial account in another country and whether the organization maintains an office outside of the United States.
Comments on the new draft Form 990 are due to the IRS no later than November 7.
- ED Publishes Proposed Rules on Cash Management
- IPEDS Considers Improving Finance Survey
- Guidance Available on Title IX Coordinator Role
- 2015 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 3-4, 2015
- 2015 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 28-29, 2015
- 2015 Tax Forum
October 25-27, 2015
- ON-DEMAND: Lessons Learned in Communicating Financial Information Effectively
- ON-DEMAND: Corporate Sponsorships: Getting it Right
- ON-DEMAND: Analytics that Support Planning, Budgeting, and Results
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis