IRS Examining Compliance with Qualified 501(c)(3) Bond Rules
September 4, 2007
The Tax Exempt Bonds division and the Exempt Organizations Compliance Area at IRS have announced a joint effort to take a look at the policies and procedures used by exempt organizations to comply with bonds rules. The Service will send questionnaires to more than 200 exempt organizations that indicated outstanding tax-exempt debt on their 2005 Form 990.
The project will measure:
- Record retention requirements
- Qualified use of bond-financed property requirements
- Arbitrage yield restriction and rebate requirements
- Debt management policies and procedures
- Awareness of voluntary compliance and educational resources
The compliance questionnaire has been published by the IRS. Following collection and analysis of the data, the Service will issue a report detailing its findings and any recommendations for follow-up initiatives.
Resource: The National Association of Bonds Lawyers and the Government Finance Officers Association have developed a checklist for bond counsel and issuers, addressing post-issuance compliance.
- Comments on Form 1098-T Reporting Due Soon
- New ITIN Procedures For Certifying Acceptance Agents and International Students
- Higher Education Community Offers Comments on Web Accessibility Proposal
- 2016 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting Fall
October 24-25, 2016
- ON-DEMAND: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus
- ON-DEMAND: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives