IRS Examining Compliance with Qualified 501(c)(3) Bond Rules
September 4, 2007
The Tax Exempt Bonds division and the Exempt Organizations Compliance Area at IRS have announced a joint effort to take a look at the policies and procedures used by exempt organizations to comply with bonds rules. The Service will send questionnaires to more than 200 exempt organizations that indicated outstanding tax-exempt debt on their 2005 Form 990.
The project will measure:
- Record retention requirements
- Qualified use of bond-financed property requirements
- Arbitrage yield restriction and rebate requirements
- Debt management policies and procedures
- Awareness of voluntary compliance and educational resources
The compliance questionnaire has been published by the IRS. Following collection and analysis of the data, the Service will issue a report detailing its findings and any recommendations for follow-up initiatives.
Resource: The National Association of Bonds Lawyers and the Government Finance Officers Association have developed a checklist for bond counsel and issuers, addressing post-issuance compliance.
- Broad Coalition Presses for Expansion of Employer-Provided Tuition Benefits
- New GASB Standard Tackles Fiduciary Activities
- New Report Details Charitable Giving to Colleges and Universities
- WEBCAST: Planning Components of Civil Discourse
Wednesday, March 15, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: NACUBO Live! 2017 Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
- ON-DEMAND: Compliance Challenges for the New EPA Hazardous Waste Rule
- ON-DEMAND: The ROI of Student Success: Practical Considerations for Measuring and Conveying the Financial Value of Student Support Services
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Student Financial Services Conference