How to Participate in the AGB/NACUBO Study of IRS Compliance Questionnaire
February 13, 2009
If your institution has recently completed and submitted the College and University Compliance Questionnaire to IRS, we encourage you to participate in an independent study project sponsored by NACUBO and the Association of Governing Boards (AGB), which will provide analysis and results to campuses in advance of the IRS report due out later this year. The project, endorsed by a number of higher education associations, was announced in an October 3 "Dear Colleague" letter to chief business officers.
AGB and NACUBO have engaged the accounting firm of Ernst & Young (EY) to receive, tabulate, and analyze completed questionnaires. Any material submitted to EY will be kept strictly confidential, and only aggregate results for the participants will be shared with AGB and NACUBO and included in any published reports. Individual school information will not be disclosed.
The IRS has requested that submissions be paper-based, submitted on CD, or filed electronically. If you filed an electronic version with the IRS, please send it as a PDF attachment to an e-mail message to email@example.com. If you did not file electronically, please send a copy of the same material sent to the IRS (either paper or CD) to EY at the address below:
National Director, Quantitative Economics and Statistics
Ernst & Young LLP
1101 New York Avenue, NW Room 4.1047
Washington, DC 20005
Since many of the questions posed by the IRS require yes/no responses, plus a potential explanation, it is important for the analysis that you include any attachments to the questionnaire submitted to the IRS in the package to EY.
Please send the material to EY as soon as possible. If you have any questions about sending your submission to EY, please call Tom Neubig at 202-327-8817 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NACUBO Provides Input on Tax Reform
- FASB Considers Delaying Revenue Recognition Standard
- Push for Resolution to 1098-T Fines Continues
- 2015 Higher Education Accounting Forum
April 26-28, 2015
- 2015 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 3-4, 2015
- 2015 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 28-29, 2015
- WEBCAST: NACUBO LIVE!: The Future Chief Business Officer
Tuesday, April 28, 2015 11:00AM ET
- WEBCAST: Analytics that Support Planning, Budgeting, and Results
Thursday, April 30, 2015 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Corporate Sponsorships: Getting it Right
Thursday, May 14, 2015 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Lessons Learned in Communicating Financial Information Effectively
Monday, May 18, 2015 1:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Looking Under the Hood: Using Web-based Tools for Evaluating Institutional Financial Aid Policy
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis