FBAR Deadline Extended One Year for Certain Filers
June 9, 2011
The Treasury Department's Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) has extended the filing date for certain reports of foreign financial accounts (FBAR) to June 30, 2012.
According to the Notice 2011-1, the extension only applies to:
- certain employees or officers of an entity who have signature or other authority and no financial interest in the foreign financial account of a controlled person of the entity; or
- employees or officers of a controlled person of an entity who have signature or other authority over and no financial interest in a foreign financial account of the entity, the controlled person, or another controlled person of the entity.
The filing deadline of June 30, 2011 applies to all other persons required to file.
Director, Tax Policy
- IRS Releases Final Report on College and University Compliance Project
- NACUBO Seeks Input on Ethics, Fraud, and Controls
- FY13 Implementation Reminder for Independent Institutions
- CAO and CBO Collaborations: Leveraging Institutional Capacity to Impact Effectiveness
August 5-6, 2013
- 2013 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 16-17, 2013
- WEBCAST: The Higher Education Accounting Forum Online
Wednesday, May 29, 2013 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM ET
- WEBCAST: Improve Your NFP Audit and Accounting Guide IQ
Wednesday, June 26, 2013 1:00 PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: OD: The Cashless and Paperless Business Office
- ON-DEMAND: Affordable Care Act: Implementation Roadmap for Colleges and Universities
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis