FBAR Deadline Extended One Year for Certain Filers
June 9, 2011
The Treasury Department's Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) has extended the filing date for certain reports of foreign financial accounts (FBAR) to June 30, 2012.
According to the Notice 2011-1, the extension only applies to:
- certain employees or officers of an entity who have signature or other authority and no financial interest in the foreign financial account of a controlled person of the entity; or
- employees or officers of a controlled person of an entity who have signature or other authority over and no financial interest in a foreign financial account of the entity, the controlled person, or another controlled person of the entity.
The filing deadline of June 30, 2011 applies to all other persons required to file.
Director, Tax Policy
- Federal Court Postpones Effective Date of Overtime Rule
- 1098-T Box 1 Reporting Will Not be Required Until 2018 Tax Year
- EPA Issues Hazardous Waste Generator Improvements Rule
- 2017 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 23-24, 2017
- 2017 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 1-3, 2017
- ON-DEMAND: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus
- ON-DEMAND: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives