FBAR Deadline Extended One Year for Certain Filers
June 9, 2011
The Treasury Department's Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) has extended the filing date for certain reports of foreign financial accounts (FBAR) to June 30, 2012.
According to the Notice 2011-1, the extension only applies to:
- certain employees or officers of an entity who have signature or other authority and no financial interest in the foreign financial account of a controlled person of the entity; or
- employees or officers of a controlled person of an entity who have signature or other authority over and no financial interest in a foreign financial account of the entity, the controlled person, or another controlled person of the entity.
The filing deadline of June 30, 2011 applies to all other persons required to file.
Director, Tax Policy
- NACUBO Responds to FASB's NFP Proposal
- Results Are In: The 2014 NACUBO Tuition Discounting Study
- NLRB Dismisses Union Bid from Northwestern Football Players
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Wednesday, September 9, 2015 12:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: A Financially Sustainable Approach to Innovate Academic Programs
Wednesday, October 21, 2015 1:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Developing Your Campus Distance Learning Strategy
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2015 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live!: CBO Speaks
- ON-DEMAND: A Just-in-Time Webcast to Explain FASB’s NFP Reporting Proposal
- ON-DEMAND: Decoding ED's Cash Management Proposal
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis