CRS Report Explains New 1099 Reporting Requirements
September 9, 2010
The Congressional Research Service has published a report addressing the expansion of the Form 1099 information reporting requirements enacted last year. Under the new rule, beginning in 2012 institutions will be required to report all aggregated payments of $600 or more paid annually to a single vendor for the purchase of property, goods, or services.
Earlier this year, IRS requested comments on the implementation of this new requirement. NACUBO is currently developing a response . For details, see our July 13 news article. Final rules are expected from the IRS sometime next year.
Director, Tax Policy
- NACUBO and FASB Discuss Grant Revenue Recognition
- ED Proposes Auditing Safeguards Rule Compliance
- NACUBO and ACE to Negotiate Rates for Use of Music on Campus
- WEBCAST: NACUBO Live! 2017 Higher Education Accounting Forum
May 7-9, 2017
- WEBCAST: Update to Strategic Financial Analysis in Higher Education, 7th Edition: Corrections and Clarifications
Thursday, May 25, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Results of the 2016 NACUBO Tuition Discounting Study
Wednesday, May 31, 2017 1:00 PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: How to Budget for Technology That Aligns with Institutional Goals
- ON-DEMAND: What’s Happening in Student Financial Services?
- ON-DEMAND: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO