Sustainability Webcast and New Resources Available
January 29, 2009
Several new and helpful sustainability resources are available from NACUBO’s association peers.
- AGB/SCUP Webcast, February 11, 2009. Environmental Sustainability As a Strategic Policy Issue: What Governing Boards Need to Know-- This program is designed to provide a fundamental understanding of sustainability issues within higher education and how boards can work together with their administrations and executive staffs to be informed leaders about sustainability.
- AASCU releases Top 10 State Policy Issues for Higher Education in 2009 --Sustainability is one of 10 priorities of the American Association of State Colleges & Universities expressed in their January 2009 "A Higher Education Policy Brief".
- NCWE, working with the Academy for Educational Development (AED) have just released a report titled "Going Green: The Vital Role of Community Colleges in Building a Sustainable Future and a Green Workforce." This report highlights community colleges that are working to train graduates to help move the U.S. towards a clean and green economy.
- APPA has just released a new report titled "The Educational Professional's Practical Guide to Reducing the Campus Carbon Footprint". This resource for facilities managers provides pragmatic assistance to effectively implement a carbon reduction plan.
- EDUCAUSE released a white paper entitled "The Role of IT in Campus Sustainability Efforts." EDUCAUSE recently held a Summit on IT Greening and Sustainability to begin building connections between campus IT and wider sustainability efforts. This white paper captures key findings from the two days of brainstorming, discussion, and resource sharing, and outlines a higher education agenda for moving forward.
- College Endowment Average Return Falls to 2.4 Percent in FY15, Endowment Spending Up Sharply
- NACUBO Urges One-Year Postponement of Changes to 1098-T Reporting Requirements
- GASB Addresses Asset Retirement Obligations and Seeks Field Testers
- 2016 Student Financial Services
March 13-15, 2016
- 2016 Higher Education Accounting Forum
April 10-12, 2016
- 2016 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 1-2, 2016
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Monday, February 22, 2016 12:00pm ET
- WEBCAST: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives
Thursday, March 17, 2016 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
Wednesday, April 20, 2016 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
Thursday, May 26, 2016 1:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Results of the 2015 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis