Sustainability Webcast and New Resources Available
January 29, 2009
Several new and helpful sustainability resources are available from NACUBO’s association peers.
- AGB/SCUP Webcast, February 11, 2009. Environmental Sustainability As a Strategic Policy Issue: What Governing Boards Need to Know-- This program is designed to provide a fundamental understanding of sustainability issues within higher education and how boards can work together with their administrations and executive staffs to be informed leaders about sustainability.
- AASCU releases Top 10 State Policy Issues for Higher Education in 2009 --Sustainability is one of 10 priorities of the American Association of State Colleges & Universities expressed in their January 2009 "A Higher Education Policy Brief".
- NCWE, working with the Academy for Educational Development (AED) have just released a report titled "Going Green: The Vital Role of Community Colleges in Building a Sustainable Future and a Green Workforce." This report highlights community colleges that are working to train graduates to help move the U.S. towards a clean and green economy.
- APPA has just released a new report titled "The Educational Professional's Practical Guide to Reducing the Campus Carbon Footprint". This resource for facilities managers provides pragmatic assistance to effectively implement a carbon reduction plan.
- EDUCAUSE released a white paper entitled "The Role of IT in Campus Sustainability Efforts." EDUCAUSE recently held a Summit on IT Greening and Sustainability to begin building connections between campus IT and wider sustainability efforts. This white paper captures key findings from the two days of brainstorming, discussion, and resource sharing, and outlines a higher education agenda for moving forward.
- Associations Respond to DACA and DREAM Act Concerns
- Congress Makes Changes to GI Bill Education Benefits
- CFPB Report Criticizes Campus Banking Agreements
- 2017 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 23-24, 2017
- 2017 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 1-3, 2017
- WEBCAST: NACUBO Live! Results of the 2016 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments
Thursday, February 2, 2017 9:15AM ET
- WEBCAST: Compliance Challenges for the New EPA Hazardous Waste Rule
Tuesday, February 7, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Thursday, February 9, 2017 12:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: The ROI of Student Success: Practical Considerations for Measuring and Conveying the Financial Value of Student Support Services
- ON-DEMAND: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus