Sustainability Webcast and New Resources Available
January 29, 2009
Several new and helpful sustainability resources are available from NACUBO’s association peers.
- AGB/SCUP Webcast, February 11, 2009. Environmental Sustainability As a Strategic Policy Issue: What Governing Boards Need to Know-- This program is designed to provide a fundamental understanding of sustainability issues within higher education and how boards can work together with their administrations and executive staffs to be informed leaders about sustainability.
- AASCU releases Top 10 State Policy Issues for Higher Education in 2009 --Sustainability is one of 10 priorities of the American Association of State Colleges & Universities expressed in their January 2009 "A Higher Education Policy Brief".
- NCWE, working with the Academy for Educational Development (AED) have just released a report titled "Going Green: The Vital Role of Community Colleges in Building a Sustainable Future and a Green Workforce." This report highlights community colleges that are working to train graduates to help move the U.S. towards a clean and green economy.
- APPA has just released a new report titled "The Educational Professional's Practical Guide to Reducing the Campus Carbon Footprint". This resource for facilities managers provides pragmatic assistance to effectively implement a carbon reduction plan.
- EDUCAUSE released a white paper entitled "The Role of IT in Campus Sustainability Efforts." EDUCAUSE recently held a Summit on IT Greening and Sustainability to begin building connections between campus IT and wider sustainability efforts. This white paper captures key findings from the two days of brainstorming, discussion, and resource sharing, and outlines a higher education agenda for moving forward.
- ED Publishes Proposed Rules on Cash Management
- IPEDS Considers Improving Finance Survey
- Guidance Available on Title IX Coordinator Role
- 2015 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 3-4, 2015
- 2015 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 28-29, 2015
- 2015 Tax Forum
October 25-27, 2015
- ON-DEMAND: Lessons Learned in Communicating Financial Information Effectively
- ON-DEMAND: Corporate Sponsorships: Getting it Right
- ON-DEMAND: Analytics that Support Planning, Budgeting, and Results
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis