Higher Education Associations Sustainability Consortium Launched
May 11, 2006
The Higher Education Associations Sustainability Consortium is a new network of higher education associations with a commitment to advancing sustainability within both their constituencies and the system of higher education as a whole. NACUBO and the other associations met May 9 to launch the effort and to promote the HEASC Web site and quarterly newsletter.
The consortium seeks to help higher education exert strong leadership in making a sustainable society a reality through education, research, and practice. HEASC will support its members' work in advancing sustainability by:
- promoting and enhancing each other's sustainability efforts;
- providing a forum for sharing and exchanging information, knowledge, and experiences;
- building the capacity of higher education associations to make sustainability a goal of programming and practices;
- enhancing professional development, including training in sustainability for staff;
- integrating sustainability into associations' professional development programs;
- connecting higher education associations to the best sustainability expertise, resources, and information;
- producing a quarterly newsletter on trends in sustainability in higher education; and
- engaging in joint projects within HEASC as well as with other associations and organizations that advance sustainability.
The consortium released a Web site describing planned activities and including related resources, a list of upcoming events, and information about membership. The site also contains the first edition of a newsletter describing each of the association's sustainability initiatives, as well as a feature article about campus action on global warming.
For more information, contact Michele Madia.
- Tuition Discount Rates Reach New Record Level in 2015-16
- ED Offers Supplemental Cash Management Guidance
- Federal Agencies Release Guidance on Civil Rights Protections for Transgender Students
- 2016 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 1-2, 2016
- 2016 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 19-20, 2016
- 2016 Managerial Analysis and Decision Support
November 17-18, 2016
- ON-DEMAND: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: Containing Cost and Risk with Renewables – the Power Purchase Agreement Story
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Are Hedge Funds and Private Equity Right for You? An Analysis of Alternative Investments
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives