Higher Education Associations Sustainability Consortium Launched
May 11, 2006
The Higher Education Associations Sustainability Consortium is a new network of higher education associations with a commitment to advancing sustainability within both their constituencies and the system of higher education as a whole. NACUBO and the other associations met May 9 to launch the effort and to promote the HEASC Web site and quarterly newsletter.
The consortium seeks to help higher education exert strong leadership in making a sustainable society a reality through education, research, and practice. HEASC will support its members' work in advancing sustainability by:
- promoting and enhancing each other's sustainability efforts;
- providing a forum for sharing and exchanging information, knowledge, and experiences;
- building the capacity of higher education associations to make sustainability a goal of programming and practices;
- enhancing professional development, including training in sustainability for staff;
- integrating sustainability into associations' professional development programs;
- connecting higher education associations to the best sustainability expertise, resources, and information;
- producing a quarterly newsletter on trends in sustainability in higher education; and
- engaging in joint projects within HEASC as well as with other associations and organizations that advance sustainability.
The consortium released a Web site describing planned activities and including related resources, a list of upcoming events, and information about membership. The site also contains the first edition of a newsletter describing each of the association's sustainability initiatives, as well as a feature article about campus action on global warming.
For more information, contact Michele Madia.
- Tuition Increases Slow, While Student Loan Borrowing Declines, College Board Reports
- IRS Response to NACUBO on 1098-T Penalties Offers No Relief
- IRS Publishes Final Rules on Overpayments of Arbitrage Rebate on Tax-Exempt Bonds
- 2015 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 22-23, 2015
- 2015 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 4-6, 2015
- 2015 Unrelated Business Income Tax
February 25-27, 2015
- ON-DEMAND: How to Build, Develop, and Support a Compliance Program at Your Institution
- ON-DEMAND: Strategic Tuition Assessment and Tuition Restructuring
- ON-DEMAND: Are Shared Services Right for Your Organization – The KU Journey
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis