Higher Education Associations Sustainability Consortium Launched
May 11, 2006
The Higher Education Associations Sustainability Consortium is a new network of higher education associations with a commitment to advancing sustainability within both their constituencies and the system of higher education as a whole. NACUBO and the other associations met May 9 to launch the effort and to promote the HEASC Web site and quarterly newsletter.
The consortium seeks to help higher education exert strong leadership in making a sustainable society a reality through education, research, and practice. HEASC will support its members' work in advancing sustainability by:
- promoting and enhancing each other's sustainability efforts;
- providing a forum for sharing and exchanging information, knowledge, and experiences;
- building the capacity of higher education associations to make sustainability a goal of programming and practices;
- enhancing professional development, including training in sustainability for staff;
- integrating sustainability into associations' professional development programs;
- connecting higher education associations to the best sustainability expertise, resources, and information;
- producing a quarterly newsletter on trends in sustainability in higher education; and
- engaging in joint projects within HEASC as well as with other associations and organizations that advance sustainability.
The consortium released a Web site describing planned activities and including related resources, a list of upcoming events, and information about membership. The site also contains the first edition of a newsletter describing each of the association's sustainability initiatives, as well as a feature article about campus action on global warming.
For more information, contact Michele Madia.
- Final Report for the 2016 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments is Now Available
- What Did I Miss? February 28-March 20, 2017
- ACA Repeal Moves Forward as House Republicans Unveil Their Health Care Replacement Plan
- WEBCAST: Innovative Ways to Fund and Launch Online Degree Programs
Tuesday, March 28, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Friday, March 31, 2017 12:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: How to Budget for Technology That Aligns with Institutional Goals
Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Update to Strategic Financial Analysis for Higher Education, 7th Edition: Corrections, Clarifications, and Consistency of Application
Monday, May 22, 2017 1:00PM ET