Just Released! “Best Practices Toolkit: Energy Performance Contracting for Higher Education
April 23, 2009
The William J. Clinton Foundation’s Climate Initiative (CCI) and the American College and University Presidents’ Climate Commitment (ACUPCC) have partnered to dramatically increase the number of energy efficiency retrofit projects at colleges and universities. Together, they created this comprehensive resource for institutions interested in learning about and conducting an energy performance contract (EPC). An EPC is one financing mechanism through which institutions can undertake comprehensive energy efficiency retrofits with minimal financial exposure and risk.
The toolkit is intended to support an organization throughout the EPC process, from early stage opportunity assessment to contract negotiation, implementation, and beyond. Highlights of the new publication include:
- EPC overview
- Critical issues for consideration
- In-depth financing information
- Sample documents
- Industry and state resources
The toolkit also describes CCI’s Energy Efficiency Building Retrofit Program, which brings together private sector financial institutions, energy services companies, and product manufacturers to lower costs and reduce risks.
- NACUBO and FASB Discuss Grant Revenue Recognition
- ED Proposes Auditing Safeguards Rule Compliance
- NACUBO and ACE to Negotiate Rates for Use of Music on Campus
- WEBCAST: NACUBO Live! 2017 Higher Education Accounting Forum
May 7-9, 2017
- WEBCAST: Update to Strategic Financial Analysis in Higher Education, 7th Edition: Corrections and Clarifications
Thursday, May 25, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Results of the 2016 NACUBO Tuition Discounting Study
Wednesday, May 31, 2017 1:00 PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: How to Budget for Technology That Aligns with Institutional Goals
- ON-DEMAND: What’s Happening in Student Financial Services?
- ON-DEMAND: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO