College and University Leaders Form Alliance for Climate Adaptation and Resilience
June 12, 2014
Presidents and chancellors from several colleges and universities recently formed the Alliance for Resilient Campuses, a coalition of higher education leaders committed to sustainability and the implementation of strategies aimed at addressing climate change. The coalition, announced May 7, was formed by Second Nature, the nonprofit organization that promotes sustainability in higher education.
The university leaders, who also are signatories to the American College & University Presidents' Climate Commitment (ACUPCC), formally recognize that climate change presents colleges and universities with "scientific, social, and economic challenges and opportunities to which higher education must respond."
Components of the newly formed alliance include:
- Evaluating risk and vulnerability for campuses and sharing insight to assessing risk, along with most valuation adaptation priorities
- Promoting tools for collaboration assessment and implementation to support regions and research opportunities and to encompass adaption into educational activities and student experiences
- Evaluating progress and filling critical research and knowledge gaps and to develop a prototype or suite of tools to track and measure success in increasing resilience and adapting to a changing climate
Sally Grans Korsh
Director, Facilities Management and Environmental Policy
- Final Report for the 2016 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments is Now Available
- What Did I Miss? February 28-March 20, 2017
- ACA Repeal Moves Forward as House Republicans Unveil Their Health Care Replacement Plan
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Friday, March 31, 2017 12:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: What’s Happening in Student Financial Services?
Thursday, April 13, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: How to Budget for Technology That Aligns with Institutional Goals
Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Update to Strategic Financial Analysis for Higher Education, 7th Edition: Corrections, Clarifications, and Consistency of Application
Monday, May 22, 2017 1:00PM ET