New Report Released -- Climate Leadership For America
May 28, 2008
The American College & University Presidents Climate Commitment (APUPCC) released their 2007 Annual Report, "Climate Leadership For America: Progress and Opportunities in Addressing the Defining Challenge of Our Time." Since the December 2006 launch of the APUPCC more than 540 institutions, representing all 50 states and more than 4.6 million students, have pledged to address the threat of global disruption move towards climate neutrality.
Supplementing the report is "Full Length Stories From Select APUPCC Institutions," showcasing tangible examples that will help other institutions better understand the commitment and help guide their decision-making process.
Progress on four key elements of the commitment is listed in the report:
- Within two months, institutions agree to submit information on the institutional structure for implementing the commitment, and two tangible actions that will be implemented. before the end of year two.
- Within one year, report the results of a greenhouse gas inventory.
- Within two years, submit a Climate Action Plan.
- Publicly report annually on emissions and progress on the Climate Action Plan.
In addition, many institutions are engaged in new projects such as regional collaborations to purchase green power, efforts to enlist students in planning and executing emissions reductions strategies on campus, education programs for the off-campus community, and green job training programs.
- Congress Finalizes FY15 Federal Budget
- ED Proposes Changes to Rules on Teacher Preparation Programs
- The Wait Continues on Tax Extenders and Terrorism Risk Insurance Renewal
- 2015 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 22-23, 2015
- 2015 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 4-6, 2015
- 2015 Unrelated Business Income Tax
February 25-27, 2015
- ON-DEMAND: How to Build, Develop, and Support a Compliance Program at Your Institution
- ON-DEMAND: Strategic Tuition Assessment and Tuition Restructuring
- ON-DEMAND: Are Shared Services Right for Your Organization – The KU Journey
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis