New Report Released -- Climate Leadership For America
May 28, 2008
The American College & University Presidents Climate Commitment (APUPCC) released their 2007 Annual Report, "Climate Leadership For America: Progress and Opportunities in Addressing the Defining Challenge of Our Time." Since the December 2006 launch of the APUPCC more than 540 institutions, representing all 50 states and more than 4.6 million students, have pledged to address the threat of global disruption move towards climate neutrality.
Supplementing the report is "Full Length Stories From Select APUPCC Institutions," showcasing tangible examples that will help other institutions better understand the commitment and help guide their decision-making process.
Progress on four key elements of the commitment is listed in the report:
- Within two months, institutions agree to submit information on the institutional structure for implementing the commitment, and two tangible actions that will be implemented. before the end of year two.
- Within one year, report the results of a greenhouse gas inventory.
- Within two years, submit a Climate Action Plan.
- Publicly report annually on emissions and progress on the Climate Action Plan.
In addition, many institutions are engaged in new projects such as regional collaborations to purchase green power, efforts to enlist students in planning and executing emissions reductions strategies on campus, education programs for the off-campus community, and green job training programs.
- Final Report for the 2016 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments is Now Available
- What Did I Miss? February 28-March 20, 2017
- ACA Repeal Moves Forward as House Republicans Unveil Their Health Care Replacement Plan
- WEBCAST: Innovative Ways to Fund and Launch Online Degree Programs
Tuesday, March 28, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Friday, March 31, 2017 12:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: How to Budget for Technology That Aligns with Institutional Goals
Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Update to Strategic Financial Analysis for Higher Education, 7th Edition: Corrections, Clarifications, and Consistency of Application
Monday, May 22, 2017 1:00PM ET