Climate Action Planning Wiki Now Available
April 23, 2009
Don’t know where to begin your campus’s Climate Action Plan? This new resource, developed jointly by the Association for the Advancement of Higher Education (AASHE) and the American College and University Presidents’ Climate Commitment (ACUPCC), is designed to assist colleges and universities in creating climate action plans.
The wiki offers institutions guidance on how to begin a climate action plan, who should be involved, how to measure greenhouse gas emissions on campus, and which energy reduction efforts are most effective.
Highlights of the wiki are:
- Creating an Institutional Structure for Your Climate Action Plan
- Prioritizing Education, Research, and Public Engagement
- Determining Your Carbon Footprint and Emissions Trajectory
- Greenhouse Gas Mitigation Strategies
- Project Evaluation and Ranking
- Setting Emissions Targets and Measuring Progress
- Financing Campus Climate Action
- Structuring Your Plan and Getting It Approved
- Implementing Your Campus Climate Action Plan
- Concluding Remarks
- Campus Climate Action Plan Resources
In an effort to keep the information current and relevant, AASHE has published the guide in a wiki format that will enable users to edit the text of the guide. Clean-Air Cool Planet, the National Wildlife Federation’s Campus Ecology program, and Rocky Mountain Institute serve as content partners for the wiki.
- Final Report for the 2016 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments is Now Available
- What Did I Miss? February 28-March 20, 2017
- ACA Repeal Moves Forward as House Republicans Unveil Their Health Care Replacement Plan
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Friday, March 31, 2017 12:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: What’s Happening in Student Financial Services?
Thursday, April 13, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: How to Budget for Technology That Aligns with Institutional Goals
Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Update to Strategic Financial Analysis for Higher Education, 7th Edition: Corrections, Clarifications, and Consistency of Application
Monday, May 22, 2017 1:00PM ET