Clean Energy Bond Resources Available Online
June 11, 2014
Bonds are often used in development of projects for the public good, but recently these bonds have been pooled together for multiple purposes: to improve energy efficiency, update water infrastructure, create renewable energy options and update/modernize campus buildings. For eligible nonprofits, this funding source is being used for multiple campus improvement projects.
In addition to the brief, presentation slides from a free webinar also are available to download. The presentation highlights three higher education institutions that have undergone multiple capital projects to improve energy and deferred maintenance, along with addressing the changing needs of the campus. They include:
- Illinois College used Lease Revenue Bonds for its Parker Science Building and Garner Residence Hall. The college had existing $12.97 million in current bonds and took an additional $3.9 million to: upgrade mechanical/electrical systems for a residence hall built in 1954; upgrade chilled water piping in a science building; consolidate utility meters; and install energy efficient lighting and building automation systems campus-wide.
- Elmhurst College is using $25 million for Leadership in Energy and Environment Designed-gold 170-room student housing and "green" surface parking lot featuring permeable paving and national landscaping along with general campus-wide renovations and improvements to increase energy efficiency.
- Loyola University utilized $92 million to finance significant construction of three student housing projects and campus-wide renovation to improve energy efficiency.
Sally Grans Korsh
Director, Facilities Management and Environmental Policy
- Federal Court Postpones Effective Date of Overtime Rule
- 1098-T Box 1 Reporting Will Not be Required Until 2018 Tax Year
- EPA Issues Hazardous Waste Generator Improvements Rule
- 2017 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 23-24, 2017
- 2017 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 1-3, 2017
- ON-DEMAND: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus
- ON-DEMAND: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives