Clean Energy Bond Resources Available Online
June 11, 2014
Bonds are often used in development of projects for the public good, but recently these bonds have been pooled together for multiple purposes: to improve energy efficiency, update water infrastructure, create renewable energy options and update/modernize campus buildings. For eligible nonprofits, this funding source is being used for multiple campus improvement projects.
In addition to the brief, presentation slides from a free webinar also are available to download. The presentation highlights three higher education institutions that have undergone multiple capital projects to improve energy and deferred maintenance, along with addressing the changing needs of the campus. They include:
- Illinois College used Lease Revenue Bonds for its Parker Science Building and Garner Residence Hall. The college had existing $12.97 million in current bonds and took an additional $3.9 million to: upgrade mechanical/electrical systems for a residence hall built in 1954; upgrade chilled water piping in a science building; consolidate utility meters; and install energy efficient lighting and building automation systems campus-wide.
- Elmhurst College is using $25 million for Leadership in Energy and Environment Designed-gold 170-room student housing and "green" surface parking lot featuring permeable paving and national landscaping along with general campus-wide renovations and improvements to increase energy efficiency.
- Loyola University utilized $92 million to finance significant construction of three student housing projects and campus-wide renovation to improve energy efficiency.
Sally Grans Korsh
Director, Facilities Management and Environmental Policy
- NACUBO Statement on Endowment Inquiry
- NACUBO Urges One-Year Postponement of Changes to 1098-T Reporting Requirements
- GASB Addresses Asset Retirement Obligations and Seeks Field Testers
- 2016 Higher Education Accounting Forum
April 10-12, 2016
- 2016 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 1-2, 2016
- 2016 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 19-20, 2016
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Monday, February 22, 2016 12:00pm ET
- WEBCAST: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives
Thursday, March 17, 2016 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
Wednesday, April 20, 2016 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
Thursday, May 26, 2016 1:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Results of the 2015 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis