C2E2 Illustrates Changing EH&S Roles
June 9, 2008
The Campus Consortium for Environmental Excellence (C2E2) announced the availability of a new higher education report titled, "Environmental Roles and Responsibilities in a Climate of Change."
The document spotlights the evolving environmental, health and safety (EH&S) assignment on college and university campuses where homeland security directives, sustainability initiatives, and emerging health and safety issues demand increasing attention. The 16-page booklet illustrates both the challenges and opportunities with narrative, quotes, cartoons and images.
Divided into ten topic areas, the first section of the booklet focuses on the inner workings of the campus EH&S department. The second half points the spotlight outward on the changing nature of the relationships between EH&S and campus and community constituencies. Each topic area is organized according to "What’s Changed and What Hasn’t Changed." The final section of the booklet offers insights in the form of "rules" for the journey ahead. The topic areas and "rules" were based on input from C2E2 focus groups, conversations with experts, and editorial reviews.
"I believe that this document will be useful to many campus environmental professionals and departments in strategic planning, staff development, and the identification of opportunities for integrating programs with emerging sustainability initiatives," said Zehra Schneider Graham, CHMM ( University of Massachusetts Boston), the current president of the C2E2.
“I plan to share this document with many people outside the EH&S Department," reported Robert Wheaton, Executive Director, EH&S and Sustainability & Environmental Management Office at Vanderbilt University. "It’s insightful and effectively captures the spirit of change, while being easy to read, practical and engaging."
A limited number of printed booklets are available from the C2E2. Contact Tom Balf of C2E2 for more information.
- Broad Coalition Presses for Expansion of Employer-Provided Tuition Benefits
- New GASB Standard Tackles Fiduciary Activities
- New Report Details Charitable Giving to Colleges and Universities
- WEBCAST: Planning Components of Civil Discourse
Wednesday, March 15, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: NACUBO Live! 2017 Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
- ON-DEMAND: Compliance Challenges for the New EPA Hazardous Waste Rule
- ON-DEMAND: The ROI of Student Success: Practical Considerations for Measuring and Conveying the Financial Value of Student Support Services
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Student Financial Services Conference