C2E2 Illustrates Changing EH&S Roles
June 9, 2008
The Campus Consortium for Environmental Excellence (C2E2) announced the availability of a new higher education report titled, "Environmental Roles and Responsibilities in a Climate of Change."
The document spotlights the evolving environmental, health and safety (EH&S) assignment on college and university campuses where homeland security directives, sustainability initiatives, and emerging health and safety issues demand increasing attention. The 16-page booklet illustrates both the challenges and opportunities with narrative, quotes, cartoons and images.
Divided into ten topic areas, the first section of the booklet focuses on the inner workings of the campus EH&S department. The second half points the spotlight outward on the changing nature of the relationships between EH&S and campus and community constituencies. Each topic area is organized according to "What’s Changed and What Hasn’t Changed." The final section of the booklet offers insights in the form of "rules" for the journey ahead. The topic areas and "rules" were based on input from C2E2 focus groups, conversations with experts, and editorial reviews.
"I believe that this document will be useful to many campus environmental professionals and departments in strategic planning, staff development, and the identification of opportunities for integrating programs with emerging sustainability initiatives," said Zehra Schneider Graham, CHMM ( University of Massachusetts Boston), the current president of the C2E2.
“I plan to share this document with many people outside the EH&S Department," reported Robert Wheaton, Executive Director, EH&S and Sustainability & Environmental Management Office at Vanderbilt University. "It’s insightful and effectively captures the spirit of change, while being easy to read, practical and engaging."
A limited number of printed booklets are available from the C2E2. Contact Tom Balf of C2E2 for more information.
- ED Publishes Proposed Rules on Cash Management
- IPEDS Considers Improving Finance Survey
- Guidance Available on Title IX Coordinator Role
- 2015 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 3-4, 2015
- 2015 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 28-29, 2015
- 2015 Tax Forum
October 25-27, 2015
- ON-DEMAND: Lessons Learned in Communicating Financial Information Effectively
- ON-DEMAND: Corporate Sponsorships: Getting it Right
- ON-DEMAND: Analytics that Support Planning, Budgeting, and Results
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis