C2E2 Illustrates Changing EH&S Roles
June 9, 2008
The Campus Consortium for Environmental Excellence (C2E2) announced the availability of a new higher education report titled, "Environmental Roles and Responsibilities in a Climate of Change."
The document spotlights the evolving environmental, health and safety (EH&S) assignment on college and university campuses where homeland security directives, sustainability initiatives, and emerging health and safety issues demand increasing attention. The 16-page booklet illustrates both the challenges and opportunities with narrative, quotes, cartoons and images.
Divided into ten topic areas, the first section of the booklet focuses on the inner workings of the campus EH&S department. The second half points the spotlight outward on the changing nature of the relationships between EH&S and campus and community constituencies. Each topic area is organized according to "What’s Changed and What Hasn’t Changed." The final section of the booklet offers insights in the form of "rules" for the journey ahead. The topic areas and "rules" were based on input from C2E2 focus groups, conversations with experts, and editorial reviews.
"I believe that this document will be useful to many campus environmental professionals and departments in strategic planning, staff development, and the identification of opportunities for integrating programs with emerging sustainability initiatives," said Zehra Schneider Graham, CHMM ( University of Massachusetts Boston), the current president of the C2E2.
“I plan to share this document with many people outside the EH&S Department," reported Robert Wheaton, Executive Director, EH&S and Sustainability & Environmental Management Office at Vanderbilt University. "It’s insightful and effectively captures the spirit of change, while being easy to read, practical and engaging."
A limited number of printed booklets are available from the C2E2. Contact Tom Balf of C2E2 for more information.
- NACUBO Responds to White House College Affordability Plans
- Recommendations for Completing Form 1098-T
- Preliminary Results Show that College and University Endowments Returned 11.7 Percent in FY13
- 2014 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 27-28, 2014
- 2014 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 5-7, 2014
- 2014 Facilities and Administrative Rates - Long Form
March 3-5, 2014
- WEBCAST: Developing a Market-Informed Approach to Tuition Pricing
Thursday, December 12, 2013 1:00 PM ET
- WEBCAST: How Behavioral Changes Helped Cut Energy Usage in Half
Wednesday, December 18, 2013 1:00 PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: The Process Necessary to Complete a Successful Implementation
- ON-DEMAND: OD: Responsibility Center Management: How Innovations Have Changed the Nature of RCM
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis