C2E2 Illustrates Changing EH&S Roles
June 9, 2008
The Campus Consortium for Environmental Excellence (C2E2) announced the availability of a new higher education report titled, "Environmental Roles and Responsibilities in a Climate of Change."
The document spotlights the evolving environmental, health and safety (EH&S) assignment on college and university campuses where homeland security directives, sustainability initiatives, and emerging health and safety issues demand increasing attention. The 16-page booklet illustrates both the challenges and opportunities with narrative, quotes, cartoons and images.
Divided into ten topic areas, the first section of the booklet focuses on the inner workings of the campus EH&S department. The second half points the spotlight outward on the changing nature of the relationships between EH&S and campus and community constituencies. Each topic area is organized according to "What’s Changed and What Hasn’t Changed." The final section of the booklet offers insights in the form of "rules" for the journey ahead. The topic areas and "rules" were based on input from C2E2 focus groups, conversations with experts, and editorial reviews.
"I believe that this document will be useful to many campus environmental professionals and departments in strategic planning, staff development, and the identification of opportunities for integrating programs with emerging sustainability initiatives," said Zehra Schneider Graham, CHMM ( University of Massachusetts Boston), the current president of the C2E2.
“I plan to share this document with many people outside the EH&S Department," reported Robert Wheaton, Executive Director, EH&S and Sustainability & Environmental Management Office at Vanderbilt University. "It’s insightful and effectively captures the spirit of change, while being easy to read, practical and engaging."
A limited number of printed booklets are available from the C2E2. Contact Tom Balf of C2E2 for more information.
- NACUBO Provides Input on Tax Reform
- FASB Considers Delaying Revenue Recognition Standard
- Push for Resolution to 1098-T Fines Continues
- 2015 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 3-4, 2015
- 2015 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 28-29, 2015
- WEBCAST: NACUBO LIVE!: The Future Chief Business Officer
Tuesday, April 28, 2015 11:00AM ET
- WEBCAST: Analytics that Support Planning, Budgeting, and Results
Thursday, April 30, 2015 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Corporate Sponsorships: Getting it Right
Thursday, May 14, 2015 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Lessons Learned in Communicating Financial Information Effectively
Monday, May 18, 2015 1:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Looking Under the Hood: Using Web-based Tools for Evaluating Institutional Financial Aid Policy
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis