AASHE Releases How-to Guide for Climate Action Planning
August 11, 2009
The Association for the Advancement for Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE) just released a book version of their Climate Action Planning Wiki, entitled Cool Campus! A How-To Guide for College and University Climate Action Planning. This book version of the popular wiki presents timely information about climate action planning in a more reader-friendly format. Written primarily by Walter Simpson, CEM and LEED AP, retired Energy Officer from University at Buffalo and the former Director of UB Green, the wiki was officially launched in April 2009.
This resource, while supportive of the American College & University Presidents' Climate Commitment, was designed to help all campuses move forward with their climate action commitments. The wiki format was chosen to encourage collaboration by readers whose contributions would build a larger body of knowledge about how campuses can reduce their carbon footprints. However, recognizing that people learn and read differently, Simpson created another format that allows readers to print sections or the whole publication with greater ease.
This 100+page document goes into greater detail on heating and power plants, geothermal systems, and a LEED update.
Director, Environmental Leadership
- Final Report for the 2016 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments is Now Available
- What Did I Miss? February 28-March 20, 2017
- ACA Repeal Moves Forward as House Republicans Unveil Their Health Care Replacement Plan
- WEBCAST: Innovative Ways to Fund and Launch Online Degree Programs
Tuesday, March 28, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Friday, March 31, 2017 12:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: How to Budget for Technology That Aligns with Institutional Goals
Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Update to Strategic Financial Analysis for Higher Education, 7th Edition: Corrections, Clarifications, and Consistency of Application
Monday, May 22, 2017 1:00PM ET