AASHE Releases How-to Guide for Climate Action Planning
August 11, 2009
The Association for the Advancement for Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE) just released a book version of their Climate Action Planning Wiki, entitled Cool Campus! A How-To Guide for College and University Climate Action Planning. This book version of the popular wiki presents timely information about climate action planning in a more reader-friendly format. Written primarily by Walter Simpson, CEM and LEED AP, retired Energy Officer from University at Buffalo and the former Director of UB Green, the wiki was officially launched in April 2009.
This resource, while supportive of the American College & University Presidents' Climate Commitment, was designed to help all campuses move forward with their climate action commitments. The wiki format was chosen to encourage collaboration by readers whose contributions would build a larger body of knowledge about how campuses can reduce their carbon footprints. However, recognizing that people learn and read differently, Simpson created another format that allows readers to print sections or the whole publication with greater ease.
This 100+page document goes into greater detail on heating and power plants, geothermal systems, and a LEED update.
Director, Environmental Leadership
- ED Provides Guidance and Proposes New Forms for Perkins Loans
- GASB Issues Proposal on Split-Interest Agreements
- ED Advances Plans for New Student Loan Repayment Option
- WEBCAST: Developing Your Campus Distance Learning Strategy
Wednesday, August 12, 2015 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Wednesday, September 9, 2015 12:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: A Just-in-Time Webcast to Explain FASB’s NFP Reporting Proposal
- ON-DEMAND: Decoding ED's Cash Management Proposal
- ON-DEMAND: Corporate Sponsorships: Getting it Right
- ON-DEMAND: Analytics that Support Planning, Budgeting, and Results
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis