AASHE Releases How-to Guide for Climate Action Planning
August 11, 2009
The Association for the Advancement for Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE) just released a book version of their Climate Action Planning Wiki, entitled Cool Campus! A How-To Guide for College and University Climate Action Planning. This book version of the popular wiki presents timely information about climate action planning in a more reader-friendly format. Written primarily by Walter Simpson, CEM and LEED AP, retired Energy Officer from University at Buffalo and the former Director of UB Green, the wiki was officially launched in April 2009.
This resource, while supportive of the American College & University Presidents' Climate Commitment, was designed to help all campuses move forward with their climate action commitments. The wiki format was chosen to encourage collaboration by readers whose contributions would build a larger body of knowledge about how campuses can reduce their carbon footprints. However, recognizing that people learn and read differently, Simpson created another format that allows readers to print sections or the whole publication with greater ease.
This 100+page document goes into greater detail on heating and power plants, geothermal systems, and a LEED update.
Director, Environmental Leadership
- Total Undergraduate Enrollment Projected to Increase 14 Percent by 2025
- IRS Explains Forms 1042-S Solution
- NACUBO Responds to GASB's Lease Proposal
- 2016 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 1-2, 2016
- 2016 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 19-20, 2016
- 2016 Managerial Analysis and Decision Support
November 17-18, 2016
- WEBCAST: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus
Thursday, June 30, 2016 1:00 PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives