2014 Green Colleges Guide Now Online
May 14, 2014
Colleges and universities can now download The Princeton Review’s 2014 “Guide to Green Colleges.” Produced in conjunction with the United States Green Building Council (USGBC), “The Princeton Review’s Guide to 332 Green Colleges: 2014 Edition” profiles more than 300 higher education institutions in the United States and two in Canada that demonstrate a strong commitment to sustainability on their campuses through their academic offerings, campus infrastructure, activities and career preparation.
The 216-page guide includes:
- Institutional profiles with information on admission, financial aid, and sustainability initiatives, as well as "Green Facts" that describe a school's use of renewable energy, recycling and conservation programs, and the availability of environmental studies and career guidance for green jobs.
- Lists of colleges and universities with Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)—certified buildings and those that are signatories of the American College & University Presidents' Climate Commitment; and
- Advice for living green on campus
USGBC is the national nonprofit organization most widely known for developing the LEED green building certification program. In 2010, USGBC launched its Center for Green Schools to increase its efforts to drive change in how campuses and schools are designed, constructed, and operated. USGBC recently reported that more than 5,000 buildings in higher education are now LEED certified.
Director, Facilities Management and Environmental Policy
- Task Force Urges Regulatory Reform
- Legislators Take Action on Education, Charitable and Research Incentives
- Associations Comment on College Ratings System
- ON-DEMAND: How to Build, Develop, and Support a Compliance Program at Your Institution
- ON-DEMAND: Strategic Tuition Assessment and Tuition Restructuring
- ON-DEMAND: Are Shared Services Right for Your Organization – The KU Journey
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis