2014 Green Colleges Guide Now Online
May 14, 2014
Colleges and universities can now download The Princeton Review’s 2014 “Guide to Green Colleges.” Produced in conjunction with the United States Green Building Council (USGBC), “The Princeton Review’s Guide to 332 Green Colleges: 2014 Edition” profiles more than 300 higher education institutions in the United States and two in Canada that demonstrate a strong commitment to sustainability on their campuses through their academic offerings, campus infrastructure, activities and career preparation.
The 216-page guide includes:
- Institutional profiles with information on admission, financial aid, and sustainability initiatives, as well as "Green Facts" that describe a school's use of renewable energy, recycling and conservation programs, and the availability of environmental studies and career guidance for green jobs.
- Lists of colleges and universities with Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)—certified buildings and those that are signatories of the American College & University Presidents' Climate Commitment; and
- Advice for living green on campus
USGBC is the national nonprofit organization most widely known for developing the LEED green building certification program. In 2010, USGBC launched its Center for Green Schools to increase its efforts to drive change in how campuses and schools are designed, constructed, and operated. USGBC recently reported that more than 5,000 buildings in higher education are now LEED certified.
Sally Grans Korsh
Director, Facilities Management and Environmental Policy
- ED Provides Guidance and Proposes New Forms for Perkins Loans
- GASB Issues Proposal on Split-Interest Agreements
- ED Advances Plans for New Student Loan Repayment Option
- WEBCAST: Developing Your Campus Distance Learning Strategy
Wednesday, August 12, 2015 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Wednesday, September 9, 2015 12:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: A Just-in-Time Webcast to Explain FASB’s NFP Reporting Proposal
- ON-DEMAND: Decoding ED's Cash Management Proposal
- ON-DEMAND: Corporate Sponsorships: Getting it Right
- ON-DEMAND: Analytics that Support Planning, Budgeting, and Results
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis