2014 Green Colleges Guide Now Online
May 14, 2014
Colleges and universities can now download The Princeton Review’s 2014 “Guide to Green Colleges.” Produced in conjunction with the United States Green Building Council (USGBC), “The Princeton Review’s Guide to 332 Green Colleges: 2014 Edition” profiles more than 300 higher education institutions in the United States and two in Canada that demonstrate a strong commitment to sustainability on their campuses through their academic offerings, campus infrastructure, activities and career preparation.
The 216-page guide includes:
- Institutional profiles with information on admission, financial aid, and sustainability initiatives, as well as "Green Facts" that describe a school's use of renewable energy, recycling and conservation programs, and the availability of environmental studies and career guidance for green jobs.
- Lists of colleges and universities with Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)—certified buildings and those that are signatories of the American College & University Presidents' Climate Commitment; and
- Advice for living green on campus
USGBC is the national nonprofit organization most widely known for developing the LEED green building certification program. In 2010, USGBC launched its Center for Green Schools to increase its efforts to drive change in how campuses and schools are designed, constructed, and operated. USGBC recently reported that more than 5,000 buildings in higher education are now LEED certified.
Sally Grans Korsh
Director, Facilities Management and Environmental Policy
- Broad Coalition Presses for Expansion of Employer-Provided Tuition Benefits
- New GASB Standard Tackles Fiduciary Activities
- New Report Details Charitable Giving to Colleges and Universities
- WEBCAST: Planning Components of Civil Discourse
Wednesday, March 15, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: NACUBO Live! 2017 Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
- ON-DEMAND: Compliance Challenges for the New EPA Hazardous Waste Rule
- ON-DEMAND: The ROI of Student Success: Practical Considerations for Measuring and Conveying the Financial Value of Student Support Services
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Student Financial Services Conference