2014 Green Colleges Guide Now Online
May 14, 2014
Colleges and universities can now download The Princeton Review’s 2014 “Guide to Green Colleges.” Produced in conjunction with the United States Green Building Council (USGBC), “The Princeton Review’s Guide to 332 Green Colleges: 2014 Edition” profiles more than 300 higher education institutions in the United States and two in Canada that demonstrate a strong commitment to sustainability on their campuses through their academic offerings, campus infrastructure, activities and career preparation.
The 216-page guide includes:
- Institutional profiles with information on admission, financial aid, and sustainability initiatives, as well as "Green Facts" that describe a school's use of renewable energy, recycling and conservation programs, and the availability of environmental studies and career guidance for green jobs.
- Lists of colleges and universities with Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)—certified buildings and those that are signatories of the American College & University Presidents' Climate Commitment; and
- Advice for living green on campus
USGBC is the national nonprofit organization most widely known for developing the LEED green building certification program. In 2010, USGBC launched its Center for Green Schools to increase its efforts to drive change in how campuses and schools are designed, constructed, and operated. USGBC recently reported that more than 5,000 buildings in higher education are now LEED certified.
Sally Grans Korsh
Director, Facilities Management and Environmental Policy
- Associations Respond to DACA and DREAM Act Concerns
- Congress Makes Changes to GI Bill Education Benefits
- CFPB Report Criticizes Campus Banking Agreements
- 2017 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 1-3, 2017
- WEBCAST: NACUBO Live! Results of the 2016 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments
Thursday, February 2, 2017 9:15AM ET
- WEBCAST: Compliance Challenges for the New EPA Hazardous Waste Rule
Tuesday, February 7, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Thursday, February 9, 2017 12:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: The ROI of Student Success: Practical Considerations for Measuring and Conveying the Financial Value of Student Support Services
- ON-DEMAND: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus