Upcoming Events in Sustainability
- Department of Energy Announces Upcoming Webinars:
- Small Business Innovation Research Grants for First Time Applicants (December 9, 2013; 1:00 PM EST)
- Engaging Students in Energy (December 13, 2013; 3:00 PM EST)
- Webcast: How Behavioral Changes Helped Cut Energy Usage in Half (December 18, 2013; 1:00 PM EST)
- Webcast: Health and Equity in Action: A Case Study On How Atlanta-Based Colleges & Universities Are Benefiting Their Communities (December 18, 2013; 2:45 PM EST)
- Sub-metering Analysis for Energy and Water in Buildings enables improved performance.
- "Smart Laboratories" can cut energy consumption by more than half. The UC Irvine campus discusses how a smart lab can be a true energy savings; retrofitting to a savings of energy by 50% (and greater).
- IGEN Electric Value—white paper created for the Illinois Green Economy Network on the Role of Community Colleges in Developing an Electric Vehicle Infrastructure.
- NACUBO's Sustainability Advisory Panel Survey Results — Chief Business Officers share their campuses' environmental protection/sustainability efforts. A full copy of the survey is available.
- Sustainability Issues for CFO's to Consider Every CFO should evaluate the mission of its institution and align processes to improve sustainability.
- The California Community Colleges have created a unique Sustainability Plan Template that may assist other campuses as they begin, refine or verify their ongoing work in advancing sustainability.
- Green Jobs Factsheet — Jobs in renewable energy and energy efficiency
- Green Revolving Funds: A Guide to Implementation and Management — provides practical guidance for designing, implementing, and managing a green revolving fund at a college, university, or other institution
- NACUBO Publication: The Business Case for Renewable Energy: A Guide of Colleges and Universities
- NACUBO Publication: Communitities of Opportunity: Smart Growth Strategies for Colleges and Universities
- Princeton/USGBC Review Guide to 322 Green Colleges: 2013 Edition profiles 322 institutions of higher education in the United States and Canada that demonstrate notable commitments to sustainability in their academic offerings, campus infrastructure, activities and career preparation. This book is the only free, comprehensive, annually updated guide to green colleges.
- Energy 101 is a framework for educators, administrators, and other interested parties who would like to learn about the Energy 101 course framework and how their institutions can get involved in this effort.
- White Paper: Leading the Nation to a Safe and Secure Energy Future (June 2012)
- Testimony Submitted to the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee on Financing Energy Efficient Buildings (June 28, 2012)
- Campus Green Builder: an online portal offering resources on funding, technical expertise, campus green building case studies, blogs, as well as upcoming green building events. Plus the site offers opportunities for institutions to share their own resources and take advantage of discounts for memberships to other organizations and green building information.us Conservation Nationals Video Contest Winners: This is the third year The National Wildlife Foundation, along with Alliance to Save Energy, Lucid Foundation and US Green Building Council has sponsored this unique challenge to reduce energy and conserve water. It has published its results from the competition that started in Feb - April 2013.
- Campus Conservation Nationals: National Wildlife Federation Announces the 2013 Results for the Campus Conservation Nationals Competition
Sustainability Advisory Panel
Volunteer Leadership: NACUBO's Sustainability Advisory Panel
- Learning Spaces for 21st Century Students
(November 27, 2013)
- EPA Recognizes Food Recovery Efforts
(November 27, 2013)
- New Facts Counter Environmental Myths
(October 17, 2013)
- International Panel on Climate Change Issues New Findings
(October 2, 2013)
- Campus Sports Get Greener
(September 9, 2013)
- Campus Conservation Contest Shows Results
(June 27, 2013)
- Upcoming Events in Sustainability
(June 3, 2013)
- Leading the Nation to a Safe and Secure Energy Future
(June 28, 2012)
Business Officer Magazine Articles
- Spatial Concepts
- Sustainability in Practice
- The World Is Lateral
- On the Water Front
- More Than Good Neighbors
- Revival of the Fittest
- The Horse Before the Cart
- Business Intel
- STARS Turns Five
- Bending the Carbon Curve
Director, Facilities Management and Environmental Policy
- NACUBO Responds to White House College Affordability Plans
- Recommendations for Completing Form 1098-T
- Preliminary Results Show that College and University Endowments Returned 11.7 Percent in FY13
- 2014 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 27-28, 2014
- 2014 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 5-7, 2014
- 2014 Facilities and Administrative Rates - Long Form
March 3-5, 2014
- WEBCAST: Developing a Market-Informed Approach to Tuition Pricing
Thursday, December 12, 2013 1:00 PM ET
- WEBCAST: How Behavioral Changes Helped Cut Energy Usage in Half
Wednesday, December 18, 2013 1:00 PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: The Process Necessary to Complete a Successful Implementation
- ON-DEMAND: OD: Responsibility Center Management: How Innovations Have Changed the Nature of RCM
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis