Key Facilities Metrics Survey
Just as campus leadership can recite pertinent campus facts such as cost of tuition, types of academic programs, number of students, etc., it is critical for leadership to also know basic facilities data to improve strategic planning such as BTU, electrical, and water consumption, as well as waste output, and carbon footprint.
Whether you filled out some, or all, or none of the questions in the previous two years it is good to document your campus consumption issues. Start now!
The 2015-16 survey is open NOW and closes on December 12, 2016. It will be available online here: www.appa.org/nacubosurvey16/. Free and open to all campuses (do not need to be either an APPA or NACUBO member).
Survey results reflect these five key (and simple) elements that readily come from vendor or utility bills.
FREE WEBINARS from NACUBO on Sustainabilty: excellent, brief 30 minute videos on the intersection of Deferred Maintenance and Sustainabilty
Have a "Lunch and Learn" with these - or - just listen anytime/anywhere!
Turning Deferred Maintenance Challenges into Savings: intersection of aging buildings and sustainabilty featuring Michelle Smith, capital planning and management green building coodinator from University of Vermont. (Jan 2016)
Bending the Deferred Mainteance Curve - Value of Whole Building Energy Retrofits featuring Wendell Brase, vice chancellor for administrative & business services, University of California Irvine (Dec 2015)
Expanding Financial Leadership Series: Facilities, Energy Efficiency Sustainability AND Deferred maintenance
In the web series Expanding Financial Leadership: Facilities, Energy Efficiency and Sustainability there are five 30-minute videos that will inform participants on how to expand their knowledge base to create a conceptual facilities framework that can impact their campuses for years to come. Videos in the series include: Expanding Financial Leadership: Facilities, Energy Efficiency and SustainabilityTurning Deferred Maintenance Challenges into Savings (January 2016) Bending the Defrred Maintenance Curve - Value of Whole Building Energy Retrofits (December 2016)
- Strengthening University Environmental Leadership (December 2014)
- Food Recovery Network: How Campuses Can Fight Waste and Feed People (November 2014)
- Definitions and Strategies for Sustainability (October 2014)
Videos are free for NACUBO members, minimal cost to others.
The NACUBO Sustainability Advisory Panel has three members sharing their unique insights to advance your campus with sustainability, ideas on managment and staffing and overall processes to improve your campus: Fred Rogers, Carleton College, Wendell Brase, University of California, Irvine and Ruth A. Johnston, University of Washington
sponsored by U.S. Dept of Energy
Review what other higher education campsues are doing to improve their campuses - case studies, free on-demand webinars
NACUBO 2016 aNNUAL mEETING cAMPUS eFFICEINCIES pOSTERS
Over 40 campus posters - review by name OR by their subject - great case studies and success stories to emulate.
Over 40 campus posters - review by campus type OR by subject - great information, examples in process from other campuses!
The event featured over 30 posters from member institutions related to sustainability and energy efficiency efforts on their campus. Poster topics included geothermal energy, developing resources for saving water, engaging in renewable energy options, improving the campus carbon footprint, and engaging students and faculty in saving energy.
Sustainability Advisory Panel
Volunteer Leadership: NACUBO's Sustainability Advisory Panel
- 201 Institutions Named Cool Schools
(September 16, 2016)
- 16 Campuses Recognized as Top Partners in Green Power
(August 8, 2016)
- 11 Campuses Named 2016 Green Ribbon Schools
(May 2, 2016)
- Green Power Leadership Awards Applications Now Open
(March 21, 2016)
- Sustainable Energy Factbook Released
(February 22, 2016)
- Campuses Sign Climate Pledge Act
(December 2, 2015)
- 2016 ED Green Ribbon School Applications Accepted
(September 8, 2015)
- 153 Campuses Named "Cool Schools"
(August 25, 2015)
- Congressional Energy Expo Features Campus Efficiencies
(July 13, 2015)
Business Officer Magazine Articles
- Business Intel
- Business Intel
- Posters Portray Savings
- Structured Sustainability
- Investing for Impact
- Going for Zero
- Vantage Point
- A Method to the Menu
- Spatial Concepts
- Sustainability in Practice
Sally Grans Korsh
Director, Facilities Management and Environmental Policy
- NACUBO Expresses Concerns with ED Proposal to Expand Federal Financial Responsibility Rules
- IRS Proposes Modifications to 1098-T Reporting
- ED Policy to Require Annual Student Aid Compliance Audits Beginning FY17
- 2016 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting Fall
October 24-25, 2016
- ON-DEMAND: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus
- ON-DEMAND: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives