Highlight your energy efficiency story with a Poster and get a reduced fee to the NACUBO Annual Meeting in Mpls, Mn this July 29-Aug 1, 2017
Note that NO registration discounts will be applied if you ALREADY have registered for the Annual Meeting - registration closed on these posters January 30 but we still have room for four more posteers - contact email@example.com if interested.
These posters are great bragging points for your campus, can serve as recruitment to your instituion and will help "tell your story" about your success.
Check out previous campus submittals at www.nacubo.org/Campus-Efficeincies-Posters
Key Facilities Metrics Survey is now closed
Thank you for participating and, if you did not enter the data - consider doing it next year!
Campus leadership can recite pertinent campus facts such as cost of tuition, types of academic programs, number of students, etc. Leadership should also know basic facilities data to improve strategic planning such as BTU, electrical, and water consumption, as well as waste output, and carbon footprint.
Check out our brochure on the survey - it cites benefits to your campus by documenting this data.
FREE WEBINARS from NACUBO on Sustainability: excellent, brief 30 minute videos on the intersection of Deferred Maintenance and Sustainabilty.
Have a "Lunch and Learn" with these - or - just listen anytime/anywhere!
Turning Deferred Maintenance Challenges into Savings: intersection of aging buildings and sustainabilty featuring Michelle Smith, capital planning and management green building coodinator from University of Vermont. (Jan 2016)
Bending the Deferred Mainteance Curve - Value of Whole Building Energy Retrofits featuring Wendell Brase, vice chancellor for administrative & business services, University of California Irvine (Dec 2015)
Expanding Financial Leadership Series: Facilities, Energy Efficiency Sustainability AND Deferred maintenance
In the web series Expanding Financial Leadership: Facilities, Energy Efficiency and Sustainability there are five 30-minute videos that will inform participants on how to expand their knowledge base to create a conceptual facilities framework that can impact their campuses for years to come. Videos in the series include: Expanding Financial Leadership: Facilities, Energy Efficiency and SustainabilityTurning Deferred Maintenance Challenges into Savings (January 2016) Bending the Defrred Maintenance Curve - Value of Whole Building Energy Retrofits (December 2016)
- Strengthening University Environmental Leadership (December 2014)
- Food Recovery Network: How Campuses Can Fight Waste and Feed People (November 2014)
- Definitions and Strategies for Sustainability (October 2014)
Videos are free for NACUBO members, minimal cost to others.
The NACUBO Sustainability Advisory Panel has three members sharing their unique insights to advance your campus with sustainability, ideas on managment and staffing and overall processes to improve your campus: Fred Rogers, Carleton College, Wendell Brase, University of California, Irvine and Ruth A. Johnston, University of Washington
sponsored by U.S. Dept of Energy
Review what other higher education campsues are doing to improve their campuses - case studies, free on-demand webinars
Over 40 campus posters - review by name OR by their subject - great case studies and success stories to emulate.
Over 40 campus posters - review by campus type OR by subject - great information, examples in process from other campuses!
The event featured over 30 posters from member institutions related to sustainability and energy efficiency efforts on their campus. Poster topics included geothermal energy, developing resources for saving water, engaging in renewable energy options, improving the campus carbon footprint, and engaging students and faculty in saving energy.
Sustainability Advisory Panel
Volunteer Leadership: NACUBO's Sustainability Advisory Panel
- New Legislation Proposes Expansion of Energy Tax Credit
(November 29, 2016)
- Sustainability Campus Index Recognizes Top-Performing Institutions
(October 31, 2016)
- 201 Institutions Named Cool Schools
(September 16, 2016)
- 16 Campuses Recognized as Top Partners in Green Power
(August 8, 2016)
- 11 Campuses Named 2016 Green Ribbon Schools
(May 2, 2016)
- Green Power Leadership Awards Applications Now Open
(March 21, 2016)
- Sustainable Energy Factbook Released
(February 22, 2016)
- Campuses Sign Climate Pledge Act
(December 2, 2015)
- 2016 ED Green Ribbon School Applications Accepted
(September 8, 2015)
Business Officer Magazine Articles
- Vantage Point
- Innovation Award
- Taking It Up a Notch
- Business Intel
- Business Intel
- Posters Portray Savings
- Structured Sustainability
- Investing for Impact
- Going for Zero
- Vantage Point
Sally Grans Korsh
Director, Facilities Management and Environmental Policy
- Broad Coalition Presses for Expansion of Employer-Provided Tuition Benefits
- New GASB Standard Tackles Fiduciary Activities
- New Report Details Charitable Giving to Colleges and Universities
- WEBCAST: Planning Components of Civil Discourse
Wednesday, March 15, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: NACUBO Live! 2017 Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
- ON-DEMAND: Compliance Challenges for the New EPA Hazardous Waste Rule
- ON-DEMAND: The ROI of Student Success: Practical Considerations for Measuring and Conveying the Financial Value of Student Support Services
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Student Financial Services Conference