FREE WEBINARS from NACUBO on Sustainabilty: recently added excellent, brief 30 minute videos on the intersection of Deferred Maintenance and Sustainabilty
Have a "Lunch and Learn" with these - or - just listen anytime/anywhere!
Turning Deferred Maintenance Challenges into Savings: intersection of aging buildings and sustainabilty featuring Michelle Smith, capital planning and management green building coodinator from University of Vermont. (Jan 2016)
Bending the Deferred Mainteance Curve - Value of Whole Building Energy Retrofits featuring Wendell Brase, vice chancellor for administrative & business services, University of California Irvine (Dec 2015)
Expanding Financial Leadership Series: Facilities, Energy Efficiency Sustainability AND Deferred maintenance
In the web series Expanding Financial Leadership: Facilities, Energy Efficiency and Sustainability there are now five 30-minute videos that will inform participants on how to expand their knowledge base to create a conceptual facilities framework that can impact their campuses for years to come. Videos in the series include:Expanding Financial Leadership: Facilities, Energy Efficiency and SustainabilityTurning Deferred Maintenance Challenges into Savings (January 2016)Bending the Defrred Maintenance Curve - Value of Whole Building Energy Retrofits (December 2016)
- Strengthening University Environmental Leadership (December 2014)
- Food Recovery Network: How Campuses Can Fight Waste and Feed People (November 2014)
- Definitions and Strategies for Sustainability (October 2014)
Videos are free for NACUBO members, minimal cost to others.
The NACUBO Sustainability Advisory Panel has three members sharing their unique insights to advance your campus with sustainability, ideas on managment and staffing and overall processes to improve your campus: Fred Rogers, Carleton College, Wendell Brase, University of California, Irvine and Ruth A. Johnston, University of Washington
Submit a campus poster on a Campus Efficiency and get the speaker discount for up to two members. This is a really great deal! Posters are used from NACUBO and they are a great communication tool to use internally at your campus.
Higher Education Better Buildings Alliance
sponsored by U.S. Dept of Energy
Review what other higher education campsues are doing to improve their campuses - case studies, free on-demand webinars
Check out the article on Key Facilities Metrics in the September "Business Officer" magazine.
2014/2015 Key Facilities Metrics survey is supported by First American Education Finance* A City National Bank Company.
Over 40 campus posters - review by campus type OR by subject - great information, examples in process from other campuses!
The event featured over 30 posters from member institutions related to sustainability and energy efficiency efforts on their campus. Poster topics included geothermal energy, developing resources for saving water, engaging in renewable energy options, improving the campus carbon footprint, and engaging students and faculty in saving energy.
Sustainability Advisory Panel
Volunteer Leadership: NACUBO's Sustainability Advisory Panel
- 11 Campuses Named 2016 Green Ribbon Schools
(May 2, 2016)
- Green Power Leadership Awards Applications Now Open
(March 21, 2016)
- Sustainable Energy Factbook Released
(February 22, 2016)
- Campuses Sign Climate Pledge Act
(December 2, 2015)
- 2016 ED Green Ribbon School Applications Accepted
(September 8, 2015)
- 153 Campuses Named "Cool Schools"
(August 25, 2015)
- Congressional Energy Expo Features Campus Efficiencies
(July 13, 2015)
- EPA Announces Athletic Conferences With Most Green Power
(June 29, 2015)
- Share Your Campus Efficiency Story in Nashville
(June 1, 2015)
Business Officer Magazine Articles
- Business Intel
- Business Intel
- Posters Portray Savings
- Structured Sustainability
- Investing for Impact
- Going for Zero
- Vantage Point
- A Method to the Menu
- Spatial Concepts
- Sustainability in Practice
Sally Grans Korsh
Director, Facilities Management and Environmental Policy
- ED Proposes Substantial Expansion of Financial Responsibility Indicators
- Supreme Court Hands Down Two Decisions with Higher Education Implications
- NACUBO Objects to Annual SFA Audits
- 2016 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 1-2, 2016
- 2016 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 19-20, 2016
- 2016 Managerial Analysis and Decision Support
November 17-18, 2016
- ON-DEMAND: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus
- ON-DEMAND: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives