eZ-Audit Submissions Suspended
December 12, 2003
On December 12, 2003, the Department of Education (ED) requested that all not-for-profit and public institutions suspend audit submissions via eZ-Audit. The suspension was necessary to allow time for modifications to the eZ-Audit system templates. NACUBO and representatives from public accounting firms have been working with ED to ensure that instructions and templates were aligned with government regulations, generally accepted accounting principles and the audited financial statements of not-for-profit institutions. ED is hoping to complete modifications by March 1, 2004. Once the modified system is available, institutions with due dates on or before March 31 will have 60 days to make submissions.
This postponement only applies to eZ-Audit. Submissions of audit reports to the Federal Audit Clearinghouse are still required under the timeframes and procedures specified in OMB Circular A-133. The postponement will make the due date either April 30 or May 3, 2004. Notification will be provided via IFAP when the system is once again available for use. Because the source of eZ-Audit data is primarily the audited financial statements, NACUBO urges the business office to partner with financial services for eZ-Audit submission.
NACUBO staff link: Sue Menditto, senior manager, accounting and finance program, Sue.email@example.com.
Information for Financial Aid Professionals (IFAP) link:
- Recent Executive Orders Aimed at Pay Gaps and Overtime Expansion
- New GASB Concepts Address Measurement
- Behind the Costs of a College Degree
- 2014 Higher Education Accounting Forum
April 27-29, 2014
- ON-DEMAND: Understanding the Results of the 2013 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments, and a Look to 2014 and Beyond
- ON-DEMAND: How Behavioral Changes Helped Cut Energy Usage in Half
- ON-DEMAND: Developing a Market-Informed Approach to Tuition Pricing
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: The Process Necessary to Complete a Successful Implementation
- ON-DEMAND: OD: Responsibility Center Management: How Innovations Have Changed the Nature of RCM
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis