eZ-Audit Submissions Suspended
December 12, 2003
On December 12, 2003, the Department of Education (ED) requested that all not-for-profit and public institutions suspend audit submissions via eZ-Audit. The suspension was necessary to allow time for modifications to the eZ-Audit system templates. NACUBO and representatives from public accounting firms have been working with ED to ensure that instructions and templates were aligned with government regulations, generally accepted accounting principles and the audited financial statements of not-for-profit institutions. ED is hoping to complete modifications by March 1, 2004. Once the modified system is available, institutions with due dates on or before March 31 will have 60 days to make submissions.
This postponement only applies to eZ-Audit. Submissions of audit reports to the Federal Audit Clearinghouse are still required under the timeframes and procedures specified in OMB Circular A-133. The postponement will make the due date either April 30 or May 3, 2004. Notification will be provided via IFAP when the system is once again available for use. Because the source of eZ-Audit data is primarily the audited financial statements, NACUBO urges the business office to partner with financial services for eZ-Audit submission.
NACUBO staff link: Sue Menditto, senior manager, accounting and finance program, Sue.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information for Financial Aid Professionals (IFAP) link:
- Final Report for the 2016 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments is Now Available
- What Did I Miss? February 28-March 20, 2017
- ACA Repeal Moves Forward as House Republicans Unveil Their Health Care Replacement Plan
- WEBCAST: Innovative Ways to Fund and Launch Online Degree Programs
Tuesday, March 28, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Friday, March 31, 2017 12:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: How to Budget for Technology That Aligns with Institutional Goals
Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Update to Strategic Financial Analysis for Higher Education, 7th Edition: Corrections, Clarifications, and Consistency of Application
Monday, May 22, 2017 1:00PM ET