Timing of Final FFEL Loan Disbursements Addressed
June 17, 2010
As the Federal Family Education Loan (FFEL) program draws to a close, questions have arisen related to disbursements before and after June 30. Answers are provided in a Dear Colleague letter (GEN-10-10) from the Department of Education.
Under the SAFRA Act enacted in March, no new FFEL loans may be made after June 30. Most FFEL loans, however, are disbursed in two installments. The Dear Colleague letter walks through various scenarios on timing of first and subsequent installments and provides guidance to institutions and lenders.
Vice President, Regulatory Affairs
- Final Report for the 2016 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments is Now Available
- What Did I Miss? February 28-March 20, 2017
- ACA Repeal Moves Forward as House Republicans Unveil Their Health Care Replacement Plan
- WEBCAST: Innovative Ways to Fund and Launch Online Degree Programs
Tuesday, March 28, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Friday, March 31, 2017 12:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: How to Budget for Technology That Aligns with Institutional Goals
Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Update to Strategic Financial Analysis for Higher Education, 7th Edition: Corrections, Clarifications, and Consistency of Application
Monday, May 22, 2017 1:00PM ET