Timing of Final FFEL Loan Disbursements Addressed
June 17, 2010
As the Federal Family Education Loan (FFEL) program draws to a close, questions have arisen related to disbursements before and after June 30. Answers are provided in a Dear Colleague letter (GEN-10-10) from the Department of Education.
Under the SAFRA Act enacted in March, no new FFEL loans may be made after June 30. Most FFEL loans, however, are disbursed in two installments. The Dear Colleague letter walks through various scenarios on timing of first and subsequent installments and provides guidance to institutions and lenders.
Vice President, Regulatory Affairs
- Senator Releases Survey Results on Sexual Assault
- ED Unveils 2014 College Cost Watch Lists
- Inflation-Adjusted Net Tuition Revenue at Private Institutions Flat
- ON-DEMAND: Call the Internal Consultants: Lessons from Business Practice Improvement
- ON-DEMAND: FASB's Proposed NFP Reporting Changes
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Global Operations Support and Compliance Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis