Timing of Final FFEL Loan Disbursements Addressed
June 17, 2010
As the Federal Family Education Loan (FFEL) program draws to a close, questions have arisen related to disbursements before and after June 30. Answers are provided in a Dear Colleague letter (GEN-10-10) from the Department of Education.
Under the SAFRA Act enacted in March, no new FFEL loans may be made after June 30. Most FFEL loans, however, are disbursed in two installments. The Dear Colleague letter walks through various scenarios on timing of first and subsequent installments and provides guidance to institutions and lenders.
Vice President, Regulatory Affairs
- NACUBO and FASB Discuss Grant Revenue Recognition
- ED Proposes Auditing Safeguards Rule Compliance
- NACUBO and ACE to Negotiate Rates for Use of Music on Campus
- WEBCAST: NACUBO Live! 2017 Higher Education Accounting Forum
May 7-9, 2017
- WEBCAST: Update to Strategic Financial Analysis in Higher Education, 7th Edition: Corrections and Clarifications
Thursday, May 25, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Results of the 2016 NACUBO Tuition Discounting Study
Wednesday, May 31, 2017 1:00 PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: How to Budget for Technology That Aligns with Institutional Goals
- ON-DEMAND: What’s Happening in Student Financial Services?
- ON-DEMAND: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO