Timing of Final FFEL Loan Disbursements Addressed
June 17, 2010
As the Federal Family Education Loan (FFEL) program draws to a close, questions have arisen related to disbursements before and after June 30. Answers are provided in a Dear Colleague letter (GEN-10-10) from the Department of Education.
Under the SAFRA Act enacted in March, no new FFEL loans may be made after June 30. Most FFEL loans, however, are disbursed in two installments. The Dear Colleague letter walks through various scenarios on timing of first and subsequent installments and provides guidance to institutions and lenders.
Vice President, Regulatory Affairs
- Broad Coalition Presses for Expansion of Employer-Provided Tuition Benefits
- New GASB Standard Tackles Fiduciary Activities
- New Report Details Charitable Giving to Colleges and Universities
- WEBCAST: Planning Components of Civil Discourse
Wednesday, March 15, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: NACUBO Live! 2017 Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
- ON-DEMAND: Compliance Challenges for the New EPA Hazardous Waste Rule
- ON-DEMAND: The ROI of Student Success: Practical Considerations for Measuring and Conveying the Financial Value of Student Support Services
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Student Financial Services Conference