Request for Comments on eZ-Audit
July 2, 2003
The Department of Education is seeking comments on the newly mandated eZ-Audit electronic system for submitting compliance and financial statement audits. In a June 27 Federal Register notice, ED asks for specific feedback on how the process might be improved to minimize the burden on participants. Comments are due to ED no later than August 26.
Despite concerns raised about the administrative burdens this process imposes on institutions, ED mandated the use of eZ-Audit as of June 16. All institutions must use the eZ-Audit system to submit their required audits to ED, unless they obtain prior permission to use an alternative format. Institutions must continue submitting their A-133 audits to the Federal Audit Clearinghouse in addition to complying with the eZ-Audit requirements.
Campus personnel responsible for audits are encouraged to review the eZ-Audit manual and determine if the required data (and definitions) match the data on their financial statements and compliance reports. NACUBO is in the process of compiling a list of specific eZ-Audit items that need further clarification or correction. Please share your suggestions with us and copy us on any comments you send to ED.
For the eZ-Audit notice, please see Student Assistance General Provisions (eZ-Audit). For the eZ-Audit manual, go to http://ifap.ed.gov/eannouncements/0328GuideUsingeZAudit.html. For more information, contact Laurie Quarles, senior policy analyst, NACUBO, at (202) 861-2543 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NACUBO Provides Input on Tax Reform
- FASB Considers Delaying Revenue Recognition Standard
- Push for Resolution to 1098-T Fines Continues
- 2015 Higher Education Accounting Forum
April 26-28, 2015
- 2015 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 3-4, 2015
- 2015 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 28-29, 2015
- WEBCAST: NACUBO LIVE!: The Future Chief Business Officer
Tuesday, April 28, 2015 11:00AM ET
- WEBCAST: Analytics that Support Planning, Budgeting, and Results
Thursday, April 30, 2015 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Corporate Sponsorships: Getting it Right
Thursday, May 14, 2015 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Lessons Learned in Communicating Financial Information Effectively
Monday, May 18, 2015 1:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Looking Under the Hood: Using Web-based Tools for Evaluating Institutional Financial Aid Policy
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis