Perkins Loan Master Promissory Note
February 13, 2003
The Department of Education published a notice in the Federal Register requesting comments on the proposed Federal Perkins Loan Program Master Promissory Note (MPN). The note is designed to permit a borrower to receive loans for a single academic year or for multiple academic years. Use of the MPN will streamline the process for both the institution and the borrower by eliminating the need for separate promissory notes for each award year.
Perkins Loan administrators may wish to comment on implementation issues, as well as the language and layout of the MPN. Colleges and universities will be allowed to use an electronic version of the MPN if they follow the standards for electronic signatures outlined in the “Dear Partner” letter, GEN-01-06, published in May 2001. Comments on the MPN are due by February 28.
To view the Federal Register notice, go to http://ifap.ed.gov/fregisters/FR12302002.html. To access the proposed Perkins Loan MPN, visit http://edicsweb.ed.gov and select the “Browse Pending Collections” link. Scroll down to document link number 02185, and select the attached Word document, “Att_Perkins MPN.doc.”
The NACUBO contact is Laurie Quarles, senior policy analyst, (202) 861-2543, email@example.com.
- Some Cash Management Changes Apply to All Institutions
- NACUBO Summarizes Regulations on Banking, Processing Relationships
- Education Funding Depends on Devil in the Details
- 2016 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 25-26, 2016
- 2016 Facilities and Administrative Rates - Long Form
January 25-26, 2016
- ON-DEMAND: Understanding ED's New Cash Management Rules
- ON-DEMAND: A Financially Sustainable Approach to Innovate Academic Programs
- ON-DEMAND: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
- ON-DEMAND: Developing Your Campus Distance Learning Strategy
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2015 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live!: CBO Speaks
- ON-DEMAND: A Just-in-Time Webcast to Explain FASB’s NFP Reporting Proposal
- ON-DEMAND: Decoding ED's Cash Management Proposal
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis