Need Help with Direct Loans?
April 21, 2010
The Department of Education has expanded its Direct Loan transition support for institutions, thanks to $50 million earmarked for that purpose by Congress in the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010. A recent "Dear Colleague" letter invited institutions needing additional assistance to request help through their designated ED point of contact. The point of contact will work with the institution to develop and implement an assistance plan.
With less than three months remaining for colleges and universities to be ready to switch to the Direct Loan program, ED determined that providing direct financial support to institutions would not be possible. Instead, ED has arranged to augment its staff resources by contracting with a third party vendor to provide technical assistance and consulting services to institutions. The contractor has developed a resource pool of current and former campus administrators that will be available to assist institutions.
For assistance, get in touch with your institution's point of contact, call the ED School Relations Team at 800.848.0978, or email DLEnrollment_FSA@ed.gov.
Vice President, Regulatory Affairs
- Federal Court Postpones Effective Date of Overtime Rule
- 1098-T Box 1 Reporting Will Not be Required Until 2018 Tax Year
- EPA Issues Hazardous Waste Generator Improvements Rule
- 2017 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 23-24, 2017
- 2017 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 1-3, 2017
- ON-DEMAND: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus
- ON-DEMAND: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives