Need Help with Direct Loans?
April 21, 2010
The Department of Education has expanded its Direct Loan transition support for institutions, thanks to $50 million earmarked for that purpose by Congress in the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010. A recent "Dear Colleague" letter invited institutions needing additional assistance to request help through their designated ED point of contact. The point of contact will work with the institution to develop and implement an assistance plan.
With less than three months remaining for colleges and universities to be ready to switch to the Direct Loan program, ED determined that providing direct financial support to institutions would not be possible. Instead, ED has arranged to augment its staff resources by contracting with a third party vendor to provide technical assistance and consulting services to institutions. The contractor has developed a resource pool of current and former campus administrators that will be available to assist institutions.
For assistance, get in touch with your institution's point of contact, call the ED School Relations Team at 800.848.0978, or email DLEnrollment_FSA@ed.gov.
Vice President, Regulatory Affairs
- NACUBO Responds to White House College Affordability Plans
- Recommendations for Completing Form 1098-T
- Preliminary Results Show that College and University Endowments Returned 11.7 Percent in FY13
- 2014 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 27-28, 2014
- 2014 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 5-7, 2014
- 2014 Facilities and Administrative Rates - Long Form
March 3-5, 2014
- WEBCAST: Developing a Market-Informed Approach to Tuition Pricing
Thursday, December 12, 2013 1:00 PM ET
- WEBCAST: How Behavioral Changes Helped Cut Energy Usage in Half
Wednesday, December 18, 2013 1:00 PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: The Process Necessary to Complete a Successful Implementation
- ON-DEMAND: OD: Responsibility Center Management: How Innovations Have Changed the Nature of RCM
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis