Need Help with Direct Loans?
April 21, 2010
The Department of Education has expanded its Direct Loan transition support for institutions, thanks to $50 million earmarked for that purpose by Congress in the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010. A recent "Dear Colleague" letter invited institutions needing additional assistance to request help through their designated ED point of contact. The point of contact will work with the institution to develop and implement an assistance plan.
With less than three months remaining for colleges and universities to be ready to switch to the Direct Loan program, ED determined that providing direct financial support to institutions would not be possible. Instead, ED has arranged to augment its staff resources by contracting with a third party vendor to provide technical assistance and consulting services to institutions. The contractor has developed a resource pool of current and former campus administrators that will be available to assist institutions.
For assistance, get in touch with your institution's point of contact, call the ED School Relations Team at 800.848.0978, or email DLEnrollment_FSA@ed.gov.
Vice President, Regulatory Affairs
- Federal Education Budget Limited by Spending Caps
- Lawmakers Ease 1098-T Penalty Enforcement
- EPA Announces Athletic Conferences With Most Green Power
- 2015 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 3-4, 2015
- 2015 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 28-29, 2015
- 2015 Tax Forum
October 25-27, 2015
- WEBCAST: Developing Your Campus Distance Learning Strategy
Wednesday, August 12, 2015 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Wednesday, September 9, 2015 12:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: A Just-in-Time Webcast to Explain FASB’s NFP Reporting Proposal
- ON-DEMAND: Decoding ED's Cash Management Proposal
- ON-DEMAND: Corporate Sponsorships: Getting it Right
- ON-DEMAND: Analytics that Support Planning, Budgeting, and Results
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis