Need Help with Direct Loans?
April 21, 2010
The Department of Education has expanded its Direct Loan transition support for institutions, thanks to $50 million earmarked for that purpose by Congress in the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010. A recent "Dear Colleague" letter invited institutions needing additional assistance to request help through their designated ED point of contact. The point of contact will work with the institution to develop and implement an assistance plan.
With less than three months remaining for colleges and universities to be ready to switch to the Direct Loan program, ED determined that providing direct financial support to institutions would not be possible. Instead, ED has arranged to augment its staff resources by contracting with a third party vendor to provide technical assistance and consulting services to institutions. The contractor has developed a resource pool of current and former campus administrators that will be available to assist institutions.
For assistance, get in touch with your institution's point of contact, call the ED School Relations Team at 800.848.0978, or email DLEnrollment_FSA@ed.gov.
Vice President, Regulatory Affairs
- Program Integrity Rulemaking to Be Delayed
- Associations Respond to McCaskill Sexual Assault Legislation
- COFAR Releases Frequently Asked Questions on OMB's Super Circular
- 2014 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 22-23, 2014
- 2014 Tax Forum
September 28-September 30, 2014
- 2014 Global Operations Forum
September 30-October 1, 2014
- 2014 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Fall
October 13-14, 2014
- ON-DEMAND: Strategic Tuition Assessment and Tuition Restructuring
- ON-DEMAND: Are Shared Services Right for Your Organization – The KU Journey
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: FASB's Proposed NFP Reporting Changes
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Global Operations Support and Compliance Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis