HEOA Checklist for Business Officers Available
December 1, 2009
NACUBO has prepared a high-level checklist of provisions stemming from the Higher Education Opportunity Act to help business officers and others keep track of key compliance obligations. The checklist provides links to relevant regulations and statutory language. It also suggests which offices or departments may need to be involved in implementing these requirements, although each campus will need to determine the appropriate responsibilities based on its organizational structure.
The checklist is not exhaustive and is not a substitute for reading the regulations themselves. Note that the links to regulations are to the notices of final rules issued in October 2009. A compiled version, combining these changes with existing regulations, is not yet available.
Vice President, Regulatory Affairs
- NACUBO Expresses Concerns with ED Proposal to Expand Federal Financial Responsibility Rules
- IRS Proposes Modifications to 1098-T Reporting
- ED Policy to Require Annual Student Aid Compliance Audits Beginning FY17
- 2016 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting Fall
October 24-25, 2016
- ON-DEMAND: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus
- ON-DEMAND: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives