HEOA Checklist for Business Officers Available
December 1, 2009
NACUBO has prepared a high-level checklist of provisions stemming from the Higher Education Opportunity Act to help business officers and others keep track of key compliance obligations. The checklist provides links to relevant regulations and statutory language. It also suggests which offices or departments may need to be involved in implementing these requirements, although each campus will need to determine the appropriate responsibilities based on its organizational structure.
The checklist is not exhaustive and is not a substitute for reading the regulations themselves. Note that the links to regulations are to the notices of final rules issued in October 2009. A compiled version, combining these changes with existing regulations, is not yet available.
Vice President, Regulatory Affairs
- Senator Releases Survey Results on Sexual Assault
- ED Unveils 2014 College Cost Watch Lists
- Inflation-Adjusted Net Tuition Revenue at Private Institutions Flat
- ON-DEMAND: Call the Internal Consultants: Lessons from Business Practice Improvement
- ON-DEMAND: FASB's Proposed NFP Reporting Changes
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Global Operations Support and Compliance Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis