ED to Offer Direct Loan Webinars for Business Officers
March 9, 2010
The Department of Education will offer two 90-minute webinars targeted for business officers at institutions transitioning to the Federal Direct Loan program, one on participation and funding and the other on cash management. The webinars are free, but advance registration is required.
Each 90-minute program will be offered beginning at 1:30 pm ET on four separate days over the next month.
Participation and Funding
An overview of the role of the business officer in administering the Direct Loan Program, it also covers initial participation issues and reconciliation.
- Tuesday, March 16
- Tuesday, March 23
- Tuesday, April 6
- Tuesday, April 20
Direct Loan-specific information about maintaining and disbursing funds, and excess cash
- Thursday, March 18
- Thursday, March 25
- Thursday, April 8
- Thursday, April 22
If you would like to register for this event, please visit ED's registration page for further information and instructions.
Vice President, Regulatory Affairs
- Task Force Urges Regulatory Reform
- Legislators Take Action on Education, Charitable and Research Incentives
- Associations Comment on College Ratings System
- ON-DEMAND: How to Build, Develop, and Support a Compliance Program at Your Institution
- ON-DEMAND: Strategic Tuition Assessment and Tuition Restructuring
- ON-DEMAND: Are Shared Services Right for Your Organization – The KU Journey
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis