ED to Offer Direct Loan Webinars for Business Officers
March 9, 2010
The Department of Education will offer two 90-minute webinars targeted for business officers at institutions transitioning to the Federal Direct Loan program, one on participation and funding and the other on cash management. The webinars are free, but advance registration is required.
Each 90-minute program will be offered beginning at 1:30 pm ET on four separate days over the next month.
Participation and Funding
An overview of the role of the business officer in administering the Direct Loan Program, it also covers initial participation issues and reconciliation.
- Tuesday, March 16
- Tuesday, March 23
- Tuesday, April 6
- Tuesday, April 20
Direct Loan-specific information about maintaining and disbursing funds, and excess cash
- Thursday, March 18
- Thursday, March 25
- Thursday, April 8
- Thursday, April 22
If you would like to register for this event, please visit ED's registration page for further information and instructions.
Vice President, Regulatory Affairs
- Recent Executive Orders Aimed at Pay Gaps and Overtime Expansion
- New GASB Concepts Address Measurement
- Behind the Costs of a College Degree
- 2014 Higher Education Accounting Forum
April 27-29, 2014
- ON-DEMAND: Understanding the Results of the 2013 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments, and a Look to 2014 and Beyond
- ON-DEMAND: How Behavioral Changes Helped Cut Energy Usage in Half
- ON-DEMAND: Developing a Market-Informed Approach to Tuition Pricing
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: The Process Necessary to Complete a Successful Implementation
- ON-DEMAND: OD: Responsibility Center Management: How Innovations Have Changed the Nature of RCM
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis