ED Relief for Active Duty Military
March 27, 2003
The Department of Education issued a “Dear Colleague Letter” (GEN-03-06) this week that provides loan program guidance for the treatment of students and borrowers who have been called up for active military duty. This letter, similar to the one issued after September 11, 2001, authorizes administrative relief for students and borrowers affected by the military mobilizations. Specific provisions are made for borrowers with Federal Family Education Loan, William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan, and Federal Perkins Loan Program loans, including advice on how to handle deferments, refunds, and institutional charges.
- NACUBO and FASB Discuss Grant Revenue Recognition
- ED Proposes Auditing Safeguards Rule Compliance
- NACUBO and ACE to Negotiate Rates for Use of Music on Campus
- WEBCAST: NACUBO Live! 2017 Higher Education Accounting Forum
May 7-9, 2017
- WEBCAST: Update to Strategic Financial Analysis in Higher Education, 7th Edition: Corrections and Clarifications
Thursday, May 25, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Results of the 2016 NACUBO Tuition Discounting Study
Wednesday, May 31, 2017 1:00 PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: How to Budget for Technology That Aligns with Institutional Goals
- ON-DEMAND: What’s Happening in Student Financial Services?
- ON-DEMAND: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO