ED Launches eZ-Audit
January 30, 2003
Institutions that receive federal student aid funds will be able to submit their financial and compliance audits to the Department of Education (ED) electronically this year. The new web-based application enabling this process, eZ Audit, will be operational in April. In addition to the submission of audits, eZ-Audit will allow colleges and universities to track the status of their audit reports through the review process. The paperless process will replace the 13,000 paper audit reports—more than 1 million pages—currently handled by ED.
To participate, institutions need to appoint an eZ-Audit institution administrator, who will manage access to eZ-Audit. Once the administrator has registered the institution with ED, he or she can set up data entry users, including the institution’s auditor if desired. The designated person will then enter certain summary audit and financial data into a Web form and attach an electronic copy of the financial statement and compliance audit in PDF format.
Instructions for registering and appointing a responsible administrator were provided in an electronic announcement from ED dated January 21. An eZ-Audit Q&A has also been posted on the Information for Financial Aid Professionals Web site.
The submission to ED will not replace requirements under Office of Management and Budget Circular A-133 to submit audits to the Federal Audit Clearinghouse.
Questions may be directed to email@example.com. The NACUBO contact is Michele Madia, senior policy analyst. She can be reached at 202.861.2554
- College Endowment Average Return Falls to 2.4 Percent in FY15, Endowment Spending Up Sharply
- NACUBO Urges One-Year Postponement of Changes to 1098-T Reporting Requirements
- GASB Addresses Asset Retirement Obligations and Seeks Field Testers
- 2016 Student Financial Services
March 13-15, 2016
- 2016 Higher Education Accounting Forum
April 10-12, 2016
- 2016 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 1-2, 2016
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Monday, February 22, 2016 12:00pm ET
- WEBCAST: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives
Thursday, March 17, 2016 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
Wednesday, April 20, 2016 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
Thursday, May 26, 2016 1:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Results of the 2015 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis