ED Creates Comprehensive Online Gainful Employment Resource
May 18, 2011
The Department of Education (ED) has created a Web page to house communications and official guidance related to gainful employment regulatory requirements, which are effective July 1, 2011. ED will be updating the site regularly to ensure that institutions that participate in Title IV programs have access to current information.
In addition to links to the published regulations and ED's implementation plans, the page will feature Dear Colleague Letters, Electronic Announcements, and a series of FAQs.
NACUBO expects the final gainful employment regulations to be published in the very near future as they are currently under final review at the White House Office of Management and Budget. ED is expected to provide details on the debt-to-income and repayment rate metrics that will be used to measure compliance with the regulation.
Previously published guidance, available on the ED Gainful Employment Web page, provides information on other elements of the regulation-institutional eligibility, new program approval, and disclosure and reporting.
Senior Policy Analyst
- Final Report for the 2016 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments is Now Available
- What Did I Miss? February 28-March 20, 2017
- ACA Repeal Moves Forward as House Republicans Unveil Their Health Care Replacement Plan
- WEBCAST: Innovative Ways to Fund and Launch Online Degree Programs
Tuesday, March 28, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Friday, March 31, 2017 12:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: How to Budget for Technology That Aligns with Institutional Goals
Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Update to Strategic Financial Analysis for Higher Education, 7th Edition: Corrections, Clarifications, and Consistency of Application
Monday, May 22, 2017 1:00PM ET