ED Creates Comprehensive Online Gainful Employment Resource
May 18, 2011
The Department of Education (ED) has created a Web page to house communications and official guidance related to gainful employment regulatory requirements, which are effective July 1, 2011. ED will be updating the site regularly to ensure that institutions that participate in Title IV programs have access to current information.
In addition to links to the published regulations and ED's implementation plans, the page will feature Dear Colleague Letters, Electronic Announcements, and a series of FAQs.
NACUBO expects the final gainful employment regulations to be published in the very near future as they are currently under final review at the White House Office of Management and Budget. ED is expected to provide details on the debt-to-income and repayment rate metrics that will be used to measure compliance with the regulation.
Previously published guidance, available on the ED Gainful Employment Web page, provides information on other elements of the regulation-institutional eligibility, new program approval, and disclosure and reporting.
- Final Rules Issued on the Violence Against Women Act
- FASB Gives Go-Ahead for Exposure Draft on NFP Reporting
- CDC Advises Colleges, Universities and Students about Ebola
- 2015 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 22-23, 2015
- 2015 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 4-6, 2015
- 2015 Unrelated Business Income Tax
February 25-27, 2015
- WEBCAST: How to Build, Develop, and Support a Compliance Program at Your Institution
Wednesday, November 19, 2014 1:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Strategic Tuition Assessment and Tuition Restructuring
- ON-DEMAND: Are Shared Services Right for Your Organization – The KU Journey
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis