ED Creates Comprehensive Online Gainful Employment Resource
May 18, 2011
The Department of Education (ED) has created a Web page to house communications and official guidance related to gainful employment regulatory requirements, which are effective July 1, 2011. ED will be updating the site regularly to ensure that institutions that participate in Title IV programs have access to current information.
In addition to links to the published regulations and ED's implementation plans, the page will feature Dear Colleague Letters, Electronic Announcements, and a series of FAQs.
NACUBO expects the final gainful employment regulations to be published in the very near future as they are currently under final review at the White House Office of Management and Budget. ED is expected to provide details on the debt-to-income and repayment rate metrics that will be used to measure compliance with the regulation.
Previously published guidance, available on the ED Gainful Employment Web page, provides information on other elements of the regulation-institutional eligibility, new program approval, and disclosure and reporting.
Senior Policy Analyst
- Implementation of Overtime Proposal Could Cost Schools Millions
- NACUBO Responds to GASB Exposure Drafts
- ED Corrects Cash Management Rules
- 2016 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 1-2, 2016
- 2016 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 19-20, 2016
- 2016 Managerial Analysis and Decision Support
November 17-18, 2016
- WEBCAST: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
Thursday, May 26, 2016 1:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: Containing Cost and Risk with Renewables – the Power Purchase Agreement Story
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Are Hedge Funds and Private Equity Right for You? An Analysis of Alternative Investments
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives