ED Creates Comprehensive Online Gainful Employment Resource
May 18, 2011
The Department of Education (ED) has created a Web page to house communications and official guidance related to gainful employment regulatory requirements, which are effective July 1, 2011. ED will be updating the site regularly to ensure that institutions that participate in Title IV programs have access to current information.
In addition to links to the published regulations and ED's implementation plans, the page will feature Dear Colleague Letters, Electronic Announcements, and a series of FAQs.
NACUBO expects the final gainful employment regulations to be published in the very near future as they are currently under final review at the White House Office of Management and Budget. ED is expected to provide details on the debt-to-income and repayment rate metrics that will be used to measure compliance with the regulation.
Previously published guidance, available on the ED Gainful Employment Web page, provides information on other elements of the regulation-institutional eligibility, new program approval, and disclosure and reporting.
Senior Policy Analyst
- Federal Court Postpones Effective Date of Overtime Rule
- 1098-T Box 1 Reporting Will Not be Required Until 2018 Tax Year
- EPA Issues Hazardous Waste Generator Improvements Rule
- 2017 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 23-24, 2017
- 2017 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 1-3, 2017
- ON-DEMAND: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus
- ON-DEMAND: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives