ED Conference Videos Available
January 3, 2011
If you were not one of the 6,500 people who attended the Department of Education’s 2010 Federal Student Aid Conference in Orlando in early December, you can still download slides and watch many sessions on your computer.
The following sessions may be of particular interest to business officers and bursars:
#24 The New Institutional Net Price Calculator
Institutions are required to provide a net price calculator for prospective students on their Web sites by October 2011 under the Higher Education Opportunity Act.
#25 General Provisions and Non-Loan Program Issues—Institutional
Explains the “program integrity” rules finalized in October which take effect July 1, 2011, including incentive compensation, return of Title IV funds, and disbursement.
#38 Top Ten Audit and Program Review Findings
A number of business office responsibilities made the list, including handling of credit balances and return of Title IV funds.
#50 Don’t Be Tomorrow’s Headlines—Effective Measures for Protecting PII Data
A useful overview of steps you need to take to secure personally identifiable information (PII) on your campus.
To access the Powerpoint slides and videos for these and other conference presentations, go to the FSA Conference Web Site. You’ll want to download the slides before viewing the video recording.
Vice President, Regulatory Affairs
- College Endowment Average Return Falls to 2.4 Percent in FY15, Endowment Spending Up Sharply
- NACUBO Urges One-Year Postponement of Changes to 1098-T Reporting Requirements
- GASB Addresses Asset Retirement Obligations and Seeks Field Testers
- 2016 Higher Education Accounting Forum
April 10-12, 2016
- 2016 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 1-2, 2016
- 2016 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 19-20, 2016
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Monday, February 22, 2016 12:00pm ET
- WEBCAST: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives
Thursday, March 17, 2016 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
Wednesday, April 20, 2016 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
Thursday, May 26, 2016 1:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Results of the 2015 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis