ED Conference Videos Available
January 3, 2011
If you were not one of the 6,500 people who attended the Department of Education’s 2010 Federal Student Aid Conference in Orlando in early December, you can still download slides and watch many sessions on your computer.
The following sessions may be of particular interest to business officers and bursars:
#24 The New Institutional Net Price Calculator
Institutions are required to provide a net price calculator for prospective students on their Web sites by October 2011 under the Higher Education Opportunity Act.
#25 General Provisions and Non-Loan Program Issues—Institutional
Explains the “program integrity” rules finalized in October which take effect July 1, 2011, including incentive compensation, return of Title IV funds, and disbursement.
#38 Top Ten Audit and Program Review Findings
A number of business office responsibilities made the list, including handling of credit balances and return of Title IV funds.
#50 Don’t Be Tomorrow’s Headlines—Effective Measures for Protecting PII Data
A useful overview of steps you need to take to secure personally identifiable information (PII) on your campus.
To access the Powerpoint slides and videos for these and other conference presentations, go to the FSA Conference Web Site. You’ll want to download the slides before viewing the video recording.
Vice President, Regulatory Affairs
- Lawmakers Move Toward Affordable Care Act Repeal
- ED Issues Numerous Announcements Prior to Presidential Transition
- New Report Highlights the Benefits and Value of Higher Education
- 2017 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 1-3, 2017
- WEBCAST: NACUBO Live! Results of the 2016 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments
Thursday, February 2, 2017 9:15AM ET
- WEBCAST: Compliance Challenges for the New EPA Hazardous Waste Rule
Tuesday, February 7, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Thursday, February 9, 2017 12:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: The ROI of Student Success: Practical Considerations for Measuring and Conveying the Financial Value of Student Support Services
- ON-DEMAND: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus