ED Conference Videos Available
January 3, 2011
If you were not one of the 6,500 people who attended the Department of Education’s 2010 Federal Student Aid Conference in Orlando in early December, you can still download slides and watch many sessions on your computer.
The following sessions may be of particular interest to business officers and bursars:
#24 The New Institutional Net Price Calculator
Institutions are required to provide a net price calculator for prospective students on their Web sites by October 2011 under the Higher Education Opportunity Act.
#25 General Provisions and Non-Loan Program Issues—Institutional
Explains the “program integrity” rules finalized in October which take effect July 1, 2011, including incentive compensation, return of Title IV funds, and disbursement.
#38 Top Ten Audit and Program Review Findings
A number of business office responsibilities made the list, including handling of credit balances and return of Title IV funds.
#50 Don’t Be Tomorrow’s Headlines—Effective Measures for Protecting PII Data
A useful overview of steps you need to take to secure personally identifiable information (PII) on your campus.
To access the Powerpoint slides and videos for these and other conference presentations, go to the FSA Conference Web Site. You’ll want to download the slides before viewing the video recording.
Vice President, Regulatory Affairs
- Senator Releases Survey Results on Sexual Assault
- ED Unveils 2014 College Cost Watch Lists
- Inflation-Adjusted Net Tuition Revenue at Private Institutions Flat
- ON-DEMAND: Call the Internal Consultants: Lessons from Business Practice Improvement
- ON-DEMAND: FASB's Proposed NFP Reporting Changes
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Global Operations Support and Compliance Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis