ED Announces New Negotiated Rulemaking Effort
September 10, 2009
Changes to Title IV regulations on program integrity and foreign schools will be considered by two negotiated rulemaking panels this fall, according to a notice from the Department of Education inviting nominations for representatives. The deadline for nominations is September 25.
Team I will consider program integrity issues, including incentive compensation, definition of credit hour, misrepresentation of information provided to students and prospective students, agreements between institutions, term-based module programs, and timeliness and disbursement of Title IV funds. NACUBO intends to nominate representatives to serve on this committee.
ED notes that while it agrees that changes to the financial responsibility standards may be beneficial, significant analysis must be done before ED will be ready to bring the issue to the negotiating table. As a result, the agenda for Team I will not include financial responsibility. NACUBO submitted testimony in June raising the issue, and staff has met with ED officials to discuss these efforts.
Team II will address issues related to participation in the guaranteed loan programs by foreign institutions, including financial statements, compliance audits, nonprofit status, and financial responsibility for public institutions.
Vice President, Regulatory Affairs
- ED Launches New College Scorecard
- NACUBO Members Convey Legislative Priorities on Capitol Hill
- Panelists Detail Complex Campus Sexual Assault Regulations at Hearing
- 2015 Tax Forum
October 25-27, 2015
- WEBCAST: A Financially Sustainable Approach to Innovate Academic Programs
Wednesday, October 21, 2015 1:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
- ON-DEMAND: Developing Your Campus Distance Learning Strategy
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2015 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live!: CBO Speaks
- ON-DEMAND: A Just-in-Time Webcast to Explain FASB’s NFP Reporting Proposal
- ON-DEMAND: Decoding ED's Cash Management Proposal
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis