Time to Focus on Cyber Security Awareness Month
September 22, 2010
October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM). The purpose of NCSAM is to increase public awareness about the protection of personal computers, as well as the nation's cyber critical infrastructure. To that end, colleges and universities are encouraged to promote NCSAM on their campuses throughout the month of October.
The Higher Education Information Security Council (HEISC), hosted by EDUCAUSE and Internet2, is partnering with the Department of Homeland Security, National Cyber Security Alliance, and other public and private organizations to promote National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM). Held every October since 2001, one of its goals is to bring awareness to students, faculty, and staff so that they remain vigilant regarding network computing on campus: Everyone must play their part and commit to a shared responsibility in an effort to prevent potential cyber threats on the networks they use.
Colleges and universities are encouraged to promote NCSAM on their campuses throughout the month of October. EDUCAUSE is sponsoring a free, live webinar entitled: "New Cyber Threats Put Higher Education in the Crosshairs - And Provide Great Opportunities for Leadership" on October 1 at 1:00 PM ET. Advance registration is required.
Additionally, HEISC has assembled a resource kit that includes campus events and other cyber security information. More information on NCSAM and how to get involved is available.
- Endorse national cyber security month
- Use NCASM web banners on your site
- Security concerns for campus executives and data stewards
Director, Tax Policy
- NACUBO Responds to GASB's Fair Value Proposal
- IRS Again Issues 1098-T Fine Notices
- SEC Approves Money Market Fund Reform
- 2014 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 22-23, 2014
- 2014 Tax Forum
September 28-September 30, 2014
- 2014 Global Operations Forum
September 30-October 1, 2014
- 2014 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Fall
October 13-14, 2014
- WEBCAST: Strategic Tuition Assessment and Tuition Restructuring
Thursday, September 4, 2014 1:00 PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Are Shared Services Right for Your Organization – The KU Journey
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: FASB's Proposed NFP Reporting Changes
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Global Operations Support and Compliance Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis