Time to Focus on Cyber Security Awareness Month
September 22, 2010
October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM). The purpose of NCSAM is to increase public awareness about the protection of personal computers, as well as the nation's cyber critical infrastructure. To that end, colleges and universities are encouraged to promote NCSAM on their campuses throughout the month of October.
The Higher Education Information Security Council (HEISC), hosted by EDUCAUSE and Internet2, is partnering with the Department of Homeland Security, National Cyber Security Alliance, and other public and private organizations to promote National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM). Held every October since 2001, one of its goals is to bring awareness to students, faculty, and staff so that they remain vigilant regarding network computing on campus: Everyone must play their part and commit to a shared responsibility in an effort to prevent potential cyber threats on the networks they use.
Colleges and universities are encouraged to promote NCSAM on their campuses throughout the month of October. EDUCAUSE is sponsoring a free, live webinar entitled: "New Cyber Threats Put Higher Education in the Crosshairs - And Provide Great Opportunities for Leadership" on October 1 at 1:00 PM ET. Advance registration is required.
Additionally, HEISC has assembled a resource kit that includes campus events and other cyber security information. More information on NCSAM and how to get involved is available.
- Endorse national cyber security month
- Use NCASM web banners on your site
- Security concerns for campus executives and data stewards
Director, Tax Policy
- ED Proposes Substantial Expansion of Financial Responsibility Indicators
- Supreme Court Hands Down Two Decisions with Higher Education Implications
- NACUBO Objects to Annual SFA Audits
- 2016 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 1-2, 2016
- 2016 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 19-20, 2016
- 2016 Managerial Analysis and Decision Support
November 17-18, 2016
- ON-DEMAND: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus
- ON-DEMAND: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives