Swine Flu at Your Campus
May 8, 2009
Recently a handful of swine flu cases have been reported on campuses in the United States. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is working with local and state health agencies where human cases of H1N1 have been diagnosed.
While the numbers of confirmed cases are still low it is important to note the severity and rapidly changing nature of the situation. Below are some resources to help plan for a possible influenza pandemic at your institution.
- United Educators
- The International Association of Emergency Managers – Universities and Colleges Committee (IAEM-UCC) has produced a Google Map which tracks the cases of H1N1 Influenza on college and university campuses in the United States and Canada. The map is derived from information shared by our peers on our Disaster Resilient Universities list serve and from the U.S. Department of Education – Office of Safe and Drug Free Schools . Information is verified with each affected university’s web site, which is cited and linked on the map.
- CDC and Prevention Alert for Institutions of Higher Education
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
For more NACUBO Resources including webinars, advisories and additional guidance visit the NACUBO resource page.
Anne C. Gross
Vice President, Regulatory Affairs
- Some Cash Management Changes Apply to All Institutions
- NACUBO Summarizes Regulations on Banking, Processing Relationships
- Education Funding Depends on Devil in the Details
- 2016 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 25-26, 2016
- 2016 Facilities and Administrative Rates - Long Form
January 25-26, 2016
- ON-DEMAND: Understanding ED's New Cash Management Rules
- ON-DEMAND: A Financially Sustainable Approach to Innovate Academic Programs
- ON-DEMAND: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
- ON-DEMAND: Developing Your Campus Distance Learning Strategy
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2015 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live!: CBO Speaks
- ON-DEMAND: A Just-in-Time Webcast to Explain FASB’s NFP Reporting Proposal
- ON-DEMAND: Decoding ED's Cash Management Proposal
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis