Swine Flu at Your Campus
May 8, 2009
Recently a handful of swine flu cases have been reported on campuses in the United States. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is working with local and state health agencies where human cases of H1N1 have been diagnosed.
While the numbers of confirmed cases are still low it is important to note the severity and rapidly changing nature of the situation. Below are some resources to help plan for a possible influenza pandemic at your institution.
- United Educators
- The International Association of Emergency Managers – Universities and Colleges Committee (IAEM-UCC) has produced a Google Map which tracks the cases of H1N1 Influenza on college and university campuses in the United States and Canada. The map is derived from information shared by our peers on our Disaster Resilient Universities list serve and from the U.S. Department of Education – Office of Safe and Drug Free Schools . Information is verified with each affected university’s web site, which is cited and linked on the map.
- CDC and Prevention Alert for Institutions of Higher Education
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
For more NACUBO Resources including webinars, advisories and additional guidance visit the NACUBO resource page.
Anne C. Gross
Vice President, Regulatory Affairs
- Tuition Increases Slow, While Student Loan Borrowing Declines, College Board Reports
- IRS Response to NACUBO on 1098-T Penalties Offers No Relief
- IRS Publishes Final Rules on Overpayments of Arbitrage Rebate on Tax-Exempt Bonds
- 2015 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 22-23, 2015
- 2015 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 4-6, 2015
- 2015 Unrelated Business Income Tax
February 25-27, 2015
- ON-DEMAND: How to Build, Develop, and Support a Compliance Program at Your Institution
- ON-DEMAND: Strategic Tuition Assessment and Tuition Restructuring
- ON-DEMAND: Are Shared Services Right for Your Organization – The KU Journey
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis