Swine Flu at Your Campus
May 8, 2009
Recently a handful of swine flu cases have been reported on campuses in the United States. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is working with local and state health agencies where human cases of H1N1 have been diagnosed.
While the numbers of confirmed cases are still low it is important to note the severity and rapidly changing nature of the situation. Below are some resources to help plan for a possible influenza pandemic at your institution.
- United Educators
- The International Association of Emergency Managers – Universities and Colleges Committee (IAEM-UCC) has produced a Google Map which tracks the cases of H1N1 Influenza on college and university campuses in the United States and Canada. The map is derived from information shared by our peers on our Disaster Resilient Universities list serve and from the U.S. Department of Education – Office of Safe and Drug Free Schools . Information is verified with each affected university’s web site, which is cited and linked on the map.
- CDC and Prevention Alert for Institutions of Higher Education
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
For more NACUBO Resources including webinars, advisories and additional guidance visit the NACUBO resource page.
Anne C. Gross
Vice President, Regulatory Affairs
- Tuition Discount Rates Reach New Record Level in 2015-16
- ED Offers Supplemental Cash Management Guidance
- Federal Agencies Release Guidance on Civil Rights Protections for Transgender Students
- 2016 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 1-2, 2016
- 2016 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 19-20, 2016
- 2016 Managerial Analysis and Decision Support
November 17-18, 2016
- ON-DEMAND: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: Containing Cost and Risk with Renewables – the Power Purchase Agreement Story
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Are Hedge Funds and Private Equity Right for You? An Analysis of Alternative Investments
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives