Swine Flu at Your Campus
May 8, 2009
Recently a handful of swine flu cases have been reported on campuses in the United States. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is working with local and state health agencies where human cases of H1N1 have been diagnosed.
While the numbers of confirmed cases are still low it is important to note the severity and rapidly changing nature of the situation. Below are some resources to help plan for a possible influenza pandemic at your institution.
- United Educators
- The International Association of Emergency Managers – Universities and Colleges Committee (IAEM-UCC) has produced a Google Map which tracks the cases of H1N1 Influenza on college and university campuses in the United States and Canada. The map is derived from information shared by our peers on our Disaster Resilient Universities list serve and from the U.S. Department of Education – Office of Safe and Drug Free Schools . Information is verified with each affected university’s web site, which is cited and linked on the map.
- CDC and Prevention Alert for Institutions of Higher Education
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
For more NACUBO Resources including webinars, advisories and additional guidance visit the NACUBO resource page.
Anne C. Gross
Vice President, Regulatory Affairs
- College Endowment Average Return Falls to 2.4 Percent in FY15, Endowment Spending Up Sharply
- NACUBO Urges One-Year Postponement of Changes to 1098-T Reporting Requirements
- GASB Addresses Asset Retirement Obligations and Seeks Field Testers
- 2016 Student Financial Services
March 13-15, 2016
- 2016 Higher Education Accounting Forum
April 10-12, 2016
- 2016 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 1-2, 2016
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Monday, February 22, 2016 12:00pm ET
- WEBCAST: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives
Thursday, March 17, 2016 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
Wednesday, April 20, 2016 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
Thursday, May 26, 2016 1:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Results of the 2015 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis