Swine Flu at Your Campus
May 8, 2009
Recently a handful of swine flu cases have been reported on campuses in the United States. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is working with local and state health agencies where human cases of H1N1 have been diagnosed.
While the numbers of confirmed cases are still low it is important to note the severity and rapidly changing nature of the situation. Below are some resources to help plan for a possible influenza pandemic at your institution.
- United Educators
- The International Association of Emergency Managers – Universities and Colleges Committee (IAEM-UCC) has produced a Google Map which tracks the cases of H1N1 Influenza on college and university campuses in the United States and Canada. The map is derived from information shared by our peers on our Disaster Resilient Universities list serve and from the U.S. Department of Education – Office of Safe and Drug Free Schools . Information is verified with each affected university’s web site, which is cited and linked on the map.
- CDC and Prevention Alert for Institutions of Higher Education
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
For more NACUBO Resources including webinars, advisories and additional guidance visit the NACUBO resource page.
Anne C. Gross
Vice President, Regulatory Affairs
- Federal Education Budget Limited by Spending Caps
- Lawmakers Ease 1098-T Penalty Enforcement
- EPA Announces Athletic Conferences With Most Green Power
- 2015 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 3-4, 2015
- 2015 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 28-29, 2015
- 2015 Tax Forum
October 25-27, 2015
- WEBCAST: Developing Your Campus Distance Learning Strategy
Wednesday, August 12, 2015 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Wednesday, September 9, 2015 12:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: A Just-in-Time Webcast to Explain FASB’s NFP Reporting Proposal
- ON-DEMAND: Decoding ED's Cash Management Proposal
- ON-DEMAND: Corporate Sponsorships: Getting it Right
- ON-DEMAND: Analytics that Support Planning, Budgeting, and Results
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis