Model Plans for Compliance With FTC Rules Needed
April 25, 2003
As the May 23 deadline draws near for compliance with Federal Trade Commission safeguarding rules under the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, NACUBO continues to receive requests for sample documents or model compliance policies developed by an institution. Staff recently received one such model plan from a member institution and is seeking additional samples for posting on the NACUBO Web site.
NACUBO is in discussions with FTC officials. The association is setting up a meeting for campus administrators to talk with FTC staff about ambiguities in the rules and to learn more about FTC’s enforcement of the safeguarding rules.
If your institution has developed a document or plan that can serve as an example for other institutions, please send it to Mary Bachinger, senior policy analyst, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Final Report for the 2016 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments is Now Available
- What Did I Miss? February 28-March 20, 2017
- ACA Repeal Moves Forward as House Republicans Unveil Their Health Care Replacement Plan
- WEBCAST: Innovative Ways to Fund and Launch Online Degree Programs
Tuesday, March 28, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Friday, March 31, 2017 12:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: How to Budget for Technology That Aligns with Institutional Goals
Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Update to Strategic Financial Analysis for Higher Education, 7th Edition: Corrections, Clarifications, and Consistency of Application
Monday, May 22, 2017 1:00PM ET