Model Plans for Compliance With FTC Rules Needed
April 25, 2003
As the May 23 deadline draws near for compliance with Federal Trade Commission safeguarding rules under the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, NACUBO continues to receive requests for sample documents or model compliance policies developed by an institution. Staff recently received one such model plan from a member institution and is seeking additional samples for posting on the NACUBO Web site.
NACUBO is in discussions with FTC officials. The association is setting up a meeting for campus administrators to talk with FTC staff about ambiguities in the rules and to learn more about FTC’s enforcement of the safeguarding rules.
If your institution has developed a document or plan that can serve as an example for other institutions, please send it to Mary Bachinger, senior policy analyst, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NACUBO Expresses Concerns with ED Proposal to Expand Federal Financial Responsibility Rules
- IRS Proposes Modifications to 1098-T Reporting
- ED Policy to Require Annual Student Aid Compliance Audits Beginning FY17
- 2016 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 19-20, 2016
- 2016 Big Opportunities for Small Institutions
September 20-21, 2016
- 2016 Tax Forum
September 25-27, 2016
- ON-DEMAND: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus
- ON-DEMAND: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives