Model Plans for Compliance With FTC Rules Needed
April 25, 2003
As the May 23 deadline draws near for compliance with Federal Trade Commission safeguarding rules under the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, NACUBO continues to receive requests for sample documents or model compliance policies developed by an institution. Staff recently received one such model plan from a member institution and is seeking additional samples for posting on the NACUBO Web site.
NACUBO is in discussions with FTC officials. The association is setting up a meeting for campus administrators to talk with FTC staff about ambiguities in the rules and to learn more about FTC’s enforcement of the safeguarding rules.
If your institution has developed a document or plan that can serve as an example for other institutions, please send it to Mary Bachinger, senior policy analyst, at email@example.com.
- Tuition Discount Rates Reach New Record Level in 2015-16
- ED Offers Supplemental Cash Management Guidance
- Federal Agencies Release Guidance on Civil Rights Protections for Transgender Students
- 2016 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 1-2, 2016
- 2016 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 19-20, 2016
- 2016 Managerial Analysis and Decision Support
November 17-18, 2016
- WEBCAST: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
Thursday, May 26, 2016 1:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: Containing Cost and Risk with Renewables – the Power Purchase Agreement Story
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Are Hedge Funds and Private Equity Right for You? An Analysis of Alternative Investments
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives