Model Plans for Compliance With FTC Rules Needed
April 25, 2003
As the May 23 deadline draws near for compliance with Federal Trade Commission safeguarding rules under the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, NACUBO continues to receive requests for sample documents or model compliance policies developed by an institution. Staff recently received one such model plan from a member institution and is seeking additional samples for posting on the NACUBO Web site.
NACUBO is in discussions with FTC officials. The association is setting up a meeting for campus administrators to talk with FTC staff about ambiguities in the rules and to learn more about FTC’s enforcement of the safeguarding rules.
If your institution has developed a document or plan that can serve as an example for other institutions, please send it to Mary Bachinger, senior policy analyst, at email@example.com.
- Some Cash Management Changes Apply to All Institutions
- NACUBO Summarizes Regulations on Banking, Processing Relationships
- Education Funding Depends on Devil in the Details
- 2016 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 25-26, 2016
- 2016 Facilities and Administrative Rates - Long Form
January 25-26, 2016
- ON-DEMAND: Understanding ED's New Cash Management Rules
- ON-DEMAND: A Financially Sustainable Approach to Innovate Academic Programs
- ON-DEMAND: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
- ON-DEMAND: Developing Your Campus Distance Learning Strategy
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2015 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live!: CBO Speaks
- ON-DEMAND: A Just-in-Time Webcast to Explain FASB’s NFP Reporting Proposal
- ON-DEMAND: Decoding ED's Cash Management Proposal
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis