Emergency Management Planning Grants Available
April 8, 2010
Applications are due May 12 for grants to support colleges and universities in developing or improving all-hazards campus emergency management plans. The Department of Education's Office of Safe and Drug-Free Schools expects to award as many as 26 grants in FY10, ranging from $200,000 - $750,000 for up to 24 months.
ED published two Federal Register notices on April 1 pertaining to the Emergency Management for Higher Education Grant program. The first establishes priorities for grants funded under the program. The second notice provides instructions for filing applications and details about the review process.
To be eligible for funding, an institution's planning efforts must take an integrated, all-hazards approach using the four phases of emergency management: prevention/mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery. A number of specific areas that must be covered by the proposed project are spelled out in the notice inviting applications. Institutions must also include signed partnership agreements with local or state government as appropriate for their locality, and with a local or state emergency management coordinating body.
Vice President, Regulatory Affairs
- Affordable Care Act: Final Rules on Coverage for Adjuncts and Students
- Administrative Jobs and Benefits Costs Drive Higher Ed Labor Costs
- OMB Super Circular Makes Changes to Audit Requirements
- 2014 Higher Education Accounting Forum
April 27-29, 2014
- ON-DEMAND: Understanding the Results of the 2013 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments, and a Look to 2014 and Beyond
- ON-DEMAND: How Behavioral Changes Helped Cut Energy Usage in Half
- ON-DEMAND: Developing a Market-Informed Approach to Tuition Pricing
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: The Process Necessary to Complete a Successful Implementation
- ON-DEMAND: OD: Responsibility Center Management: How Innovations Have Changed the Nature of RCM
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis