ED Campus Crime Survey Open
August 25, 2004
The Department of Education's annual collection of data on campus crime opened on August 23. The deadline for submission of data covering calendar year 2003 is October 15. Under the Clery Act, institutions that participate in the federal student aid programs are required to distribute an annual campus security report to students and other members of the campus community by October 1. In addition, data on campus crime must be provided to ED through a Web-based survey. ED makes the information available to the public in a searchable database at http://ope.ed.gov/security.
A letter was mailed to college and university presidents, with a copy to last year's campus security survey administrator, in early August with instructions on registering for and completing the survey. Questions about the survey should be directed to the help desk at 1.800.435.5985 or by email to email@example.com.
ED has been working on a new comprehensive manual to help institutions comply with the Clery Act, but it has not yet been released. NACUBO Advisory Report 2002-02, Campus Crime Reporting: A Guide to Clery Act Compliance, provides an overview of the regulations. In addition, NACUBO and the International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators (IACLEA) produced two webcasts earlier this year on complying with the Clery Act. These webcasts were recorded and are available for viewing on-demand.
For more information contact Anne Gross, vice president, Regulatory Affairs, 202.861.2544.
- Program Integrity Rulemaking to Be Delayed
- Associations Respond to McCaskill Sexual Assault Legislation
- COFAR Releases Frequently Asked Questions on OMB's Super Circular
- 2014 Tax Forum
September 28-September 30, 2014
- 2014 Global Operations Forum
September 30-October 1, 2014
- 2014 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Fall
October 13-14, 2014
- ON-DEMAND: Strategic Tuition Assessment and Tuition Restructuring
- ON-DEMAND: Are Shared Services Right for Your Organization – The KU Journey
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: FASB's Proposed NFP Reporting Changes
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Global Operations Support and Compliance Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis