ED Campus Crime Survey Open
August 25, 2004
The Department of Education's annual collection of data on campus crime opened on August 23. The deadline for submission of data covering calendar year 2003 is October 15. Under the Clery Act, institutions that participate in the federal student aid programs are required to distribute an annual campus security report to students and other members of the campus community by October 1. In addition, data on campus crime must be provided to ED through a Web-based survey. ED makes the information available to the public in a searchable database at http://ope.ed.gov/security.
A letter was mailed to college and university presidents, with a copy to last year's campus security survey administrator, in early August with instructions on registering for and completing the survey. Questions about the survey should be directed to the help desk at 1.800.435.5985 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ED has been working on a new comprehensive manual to help institutions comply with the Clery Act, but it has not yet been released. NACUBO Advisory Report 2002-02, Campus Crime Reporting: A Guide to Clery Act Compliance, provides an overview of the regulations. In addition, NACUBO and the International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators (IACLEA) produced two webcasts earlier this year on complying with the Clery Act. These webcasts were recorded and are available for viewing on-demand.
For more information contact Anne Gross, vice president, Regulatory Affairs, 202.861.2544.
- Final Report for the 2016 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments is Now Available
- What Did I Miss? February 28-March 20, 2017
- ACA Repeal Moves Forward as House Republicans Unveil Their Health Care Replacement Plan
- WEBCAST: Innovative Ways to Fund and Launch Online Degree Programs
Tuesday, March 28, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Friday, March 31, 2017 12:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: How to Budget for Technology That Aligns with Institutional Goals
Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Update to Strategic Financial Analysis for Higher Education, 7th Edition: Corrections, Clarifications, and Consistency of Application
Monday, May 22, 2017 1:00PM ET