ED Approves New Perkins Master Promissory Notes
August 14, 2003
The Department of Education has developed an electronic version of the Federal Perkins Loan Master Promissory Note (eMPN). Institutions electing to use this electronic version of the recently approved master promissory note should review ED’s “Standards for Electronic Signatures in Electronic Student Loan Transactions”.
Last month, ED announced in Dear Colleague Letter CB-03-11 that colleges and universities could begin using a paper version of the Federal Perkins Loan Master Promissory Note for the 2003-2004 Award Year. While more guidance is expected from ED on this matter shortly, institutions will be required to use the Perkins MPN for all loans made on or after November 1, 2004.
- Final Report for the 2016 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments is Now Available
- What Did I Miss? February 28-March 20, 2017
- ACA Repeal Moves Forward as House Republicans Unveil Their Health Care Replacement Plan
- WEBCAST: Innovative Ways to Fund and Launch Online Degree Programs
Tuesday, March 28, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Friday, March 31, 2017 12:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: How to Budget for Technology That Aligns with Institutional Goals
Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Update to Strategic Financial Analysis for Higher Education, 7th Edition: Corrections, Clarifications, and Consistency of Application
Monday, May 22, 2017 1:00PM ET