ED Approves New Perkins Master Promissory Notes
August 14, 2003
The Department of Education has developed an electronic version of the Federal Perkins Loan Master Promissory Note (eMPN). Institutions electing to use this electronic version of the recently approved master promissory note should review ED’s “Standards for Electronic Signatures in Electronic Student Loan Transactions”.
Last month, ED announced in Dear Colleague Letter CB-03-11 that colleges and universities could begin using a paper version of the Federal Perkins Loan Master Promissory Note for the 2003-2004 Award Year. While more guidance is expected from ED on this matter shortly, institutions will be required to use the Perkins MPN for all loans made on or after November 1, 2004.
- Senator Releases Survey Results on Sexual Assault
- ED Unveils 2014 College Cost Watch Lists
- Inflation-Adjusted Net Tuition Revenue at Private Institutions Flat
- ON-DEMAND: Call the Internal Consultants: Lessons from Business Practice Improvement
- ON-DEMAND: FASB's Proposed NFP Reporting Changes
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Global Operations Support and Compliance Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis