ED Approves New Perkins Master Promissory Notes
August 14, 2003
The Department of Education has developed an electronic version of the Federal Perkins Loan Master Promissory Note (eMPN). Institutions electing to use this electronic version of the recently approved master promissory note should review ED’s “Standards for Electronic Signatures in Electronic Student Loan Transactions”.
Last month, ED announced in Dear Colleague Letter CB-03-11 that colleges and universities could begin using a paper version of the Federal Perkins Loan Master Promissory Note for the 2003-2004 Award Year. While more guidance is expected from ED on this matter shortly, institutions will be required to use the Perkins MPN for all loans made on or after November 1, 2004.
- Comments on Form 1098-T Reporting Due Soon
- New ITIN Procedures For Certifying Acceptance Agents and International Students
- Higher Education Community Offers Comments on Web Accessibility Proposal
- ON-DEMAND: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus
- ON-DEMAND: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives