Enterprise Risk Management
- Strategic Financial Analysis for Higher Education (2010), contains several chapters that address strategic financial risks, such as liquidity and related risks, financial operating risks and financial capital risks.
- The State of Enterprise Risk Management at Colleges and Universities Today (2009) - This survey was jointly conducted by the Association of Governing Boards and United Educators and reports data on attitudes, practices and policies regarding enterprise risk management among American colleges and universities. Includes Enterprise Risk Management: Best Practices for Boards, Presidents, and Chancellors, which recommends specific ways in which the board and president can support risk assessment, and a Worksheet for Oversight of Systematic Risk Assessment.
- ERM White Paper on higher education from the University Risk Management and Insurance Association (URMIA, 2007).
- The Association of Governing Boards and NACUBO held a summit in 2007 to develop a robust, sustainable Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) model for colleges and universities, and to identify the appropriate ERM roles for presidents, CFOs and other senior managers, and trustees from large and small, public and private institutions.
- College and University Business Administration, 7th edition- a revised chapter focusing on ERM in CUBA's new 7th edition.
- ERM Integrated Framework, executive summary- a framework developed by the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO) to help management to evaluate and improve organizations' ERM.
- Developing a Strategy to Manage Enterprise Risk in Higher Education (2001)- PricewaterhouseCoopers joined NACUBO in asking a group of higher education leaders to discuss the topic of ERM in higher education.
- Sample risk questionnaire for distribution to staff
- Sample ERM handbook (public university system)
- Sample dashboard report for board members/executives
- Sample campus resource and time commitment estimate
- "Using Enterprise Risk Management to Navigate through the Financial Crisis" Webcast (4/1/2009) - During a financial crisis, an ERM process can help you target which areas warrant the most immediate attention.
- "Enterprise Risk Management 101: Where to Start" Web cast (4/22/08) - This On-Demand webcast introduces the basic elements of ERM and provides tools and information on how to begin implementation on your campus.
Business Officer Magazine Articles
- En Garde With ERM
- Business Briefs
- Mitigating Risk: Action Steps in Strategic Risk Management
- Ensemble Performance
- Learning to Harmonize
Director, Accounting Policy
Director, Member Engagement
- College Endowment Average Return Falls to 2.4 Percent in FY15, Endowment Spending Up Sharply
- NACUBO Urges One-Year Postponement of Changes to 1098-T Reporting Requirements
- GASB Addresses Asset Retirement Obligations and Seeks Field Testers
- 2016 Student Financial Services
March 13-15, 2016
- 2016 Higher Education Accounting Forum
April 10-12, 2016
- 2016 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 1-2, 2016
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Monday, February 22, 2016 12:00pm ET
- WEBCAST: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives
Thursday, March 17, 2016 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
Wednesday, April 20, 2016 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
Thursday, May 26, 2016 1:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Results of the 2015 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis