Enterprise Risk Management
- Strategic Financial Analysis for Higher Education (2010), contains several chapters that address strategic financial risks, such as liquidity and related risks, financial operating risks and financial capital risks.
- The State of Enterprise Risk Management at Colleges and Universities Today (2009) - This survey was jointly conducted by the Association of Governing Boards and United Educators and reports data on attitudes, practices and policies regarding enterprise risk management among American colleges and universities. Includes Enterprise Risk Management: Best Practices for Boards, Presidents, and Chancellors, which recommends specific ways in which the board and president can support risk assessment, and a Worksheet for Oversight of Systematic Risk Assessment.
- ERM White Paper on higher education from the University Risk Management and Insurance Association (URMIA, 2007).
- The Association of Governing Boards and NACUBO held a summit in 2007 to develop a robust, sustainable Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) model for colleges and universities, and to identify the appropriate ERM roles for presidents, CFOs and other senior managers, and trustees from large and small, public and private institutions.
- College and University Business Administration, 7th edition- a revised chapter focusing on ERM in CUBA's new 7th edition.
- ERM Integrated Framework, executive summary- a framework developed by the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO) to help management to evaluate and improve organizations' ERM.
- Developing a Strategy to Manage Enterprise Risk in Higher Education (2001)- PricewaterhouseCoopers joined NACUBO in asking a group of higher education leaders to discuss the topic of ERM in higher education.
- Sample risk questionnaire for distribution to staff
- Sample ERM handbook (public university system)
- Sample dashboard report for board members/executives
- Sample campus resource and time commitment estimate
- "Using Enterprise Risk Management to Navigate through the Financial Crisis" Webcast (4/1/2009) - During a financial crisis, an ERM process can help you target which areas warrant the most immediate attention.
- "Enterprise Risk Management 101: Where to Start" Web cast (4/22/08) - This On-Demand webcast introduces the basic elements of ERM and provides tools and information on how to begin implementation on your campus.
Business Officer Magazine Articles
- En Garde With ERM
- Business Briefs
- Mitigating Risk: Action Steps in Strategic Risk Management
- Ensemble Performance
- Learning to Harmonize
Director, Accounting Policy
Director, Member Engagement
- Tuition Discount Rates Reach New Record Level in 2015-16
- ED Offers Supplemental Cash Management Guidance
- Federal Agencies Release Guidance on Civil Rights Protections for Transgender Students
- 2016 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 1-2, 2016
- 2016 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 19-20, 2016
- 2016 Managerial Analysis and Decision Support
November 17-18, 2016
- ON-DEMAND: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: Containing Cost and Risk with Renewables – the Power Purchase Agreement Story
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Are Hedge Funds and Private Equity Right for You? An Analysis of Alternative Investments
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives