Enterprise Risk Management
- Strategic Financial Analysis for Higher Education (2010), contains several chapters that address strategic financial risks, such as liquidity and related risks, financial operating risks and financial capital risks.
- The State of Enterprise Risk Management at Colleges and Universities Today (2009) - This survey was jointly conducted by the Association of Governing Boards and United Educators and reports data on attitudes, practices and policies regarding enterprise risk management among American colleges and universities. Includes Enterprise Risk Management: Best Practices for Boards, Presidents, and Chancellors, which recommends specific ways in which the board and president can support risk assessment, and a Worksheet for Oversight of Systematic Risk Assessment.
- ERM White Paper on higher education from the University Risk Management and Insurance Association (URMIA, 2007).
- The Association of Governing Boards and NACUBO held a summit in 2007 to develop a robust, sustainable Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) model for colleges and universities, and to identify the appropriate ERM roles for presidents, CFOs and other senior managers, and trustees from large and small, public and private institutions.
- College and University Business Administration, 7th edition- a revised chapter focusing on ERM in CUBA's new 7th edition.
- ERM Integrated Framework, executive summary- a framework developed by the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO) to help management to evaluate and improve organizations' ERM.
- Developing a Strategy to Manage Enterprise Risk in Higher Education (2001)- PricewaterhouseCoopers joined NACUBO in asking a group of higher education leaders to discuss the topic of ERM in higher education.
- Sample risk questionnaire for distribution to staff
- Sample ERM handbook (public university system)
- Sample dashboard report for board members/executives
- Sample campus resource and time commitment estimate
- "Using Enterprise Risk Management to Navigate through the Financial Crisis" Webcast (4/1/2009) - During a financial crisis, an ERM process can help you target which areas warrant the most immediate attention.
- "Enterprise Risk Management 101: Where to Start" Web cast (4/22/08) - This On-Demand webcast introduces the basic elements of ERM and provides tools and information on how to begin implementation on your campus.
Business Officer Magazine Articles
- Business Briefs
- Mitigating Risk: Action Steps in Strategic Risk Management
- Ensemble Performance
- Learning to Harmonize
Director, Accounting Policy
Director, Constituent Programs
- IRS Releases Final Report on College and University Compliance Project
- NACUBO Seeks Input on Ethics, Fraud, and Controls
- FY13 Implementation Reminder for Independent Institutions
- 2013 Higher Education Accounting Forum
May 19-21, 2013
- CAO and CBO Collaborations: Leveraging Institutional Capacity to Impact Effectiveness
August 5-6, 2013
- 2013 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 16-17, 2013
- WEBCAST: The Higher Education Accounting Forum Online
Wednesday, May 29, 2013 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM ET
- WEBCAST: Improve Your NFP Audit and Accounting Guide IQ
Wednesday, June 26, 2013 1:00 PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: OD: The Cashless and Paperless Business Office
- ON-DEMAND: Affordable Care Act: Implementation Roadmap for Colleges and Universities
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis