Enterprise Risk Management
- Strategic Financial Analysis for Higher Education (2010), contains several chapters that address strategic financial risks, such as liquidity and related risks, financial operating risks and financial capital risks.
- The State of Enterprise Risk Management at Colleges and Universities Today (2009) - This survey was jointly conducted by the Association of Governing Boards and United Educators and reports data on attitudes, practices and policies regarding enterprise risk management among American colleges and universities. Includes Enterprise Risk Management: Best Practices for Boards, Presidents, and Chancellors, which recommends specific ways in which the board and president can support risk assessment, and a Worksheet for Oversight of Systematic Risk Assessment.
- ERM White Paper on higher education from the University Risk Management and Insurance Association (URMIA, 2007).
- The Association of Governing Boards and NACUBO held a summit in 2007 to develop a robust, sustainable Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) model for colleges and universities, and to identify the appropriate ERM roles for presidents, CFOs and other senior managers, and trustees from large and small, public and private institutions.
- College and University Business Administration, 7th edition- a revised chapter focusing on ERM in CUBA's new 7th edition.
- ERM Integrated Framework, executive summary- a framework developed by the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO) to help management to evaluate and improve organizations' ERM.
- Developing a Strategy to Manage Enterprise Risk in Higher Education (2001)- PricewaterhouseCoopers joined NACUBO in asking a group of higher education leaders to discuss the topic of ERM in higher education.
- Sample risk questionnaire for distribution to staff
- Sample ERM handbook (public university system)
- Sample dashboard report for board members/executives
- Sample campus resource and time commitment estimate
Business Officer Magazine Articles
- En Garde With ERM
- Business Briefs
- Mitigating Risk: Action Steps in Strategic Risk Management
- Ensemble Performance
- Learning to Harmonize
Director, Accounting Policy
Director, Member Engagement
- Final Report for the 2016 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments is Now Available
- What Did I Miss? February 28-March 20, 2017
- ACA Repeal Moves Forward as House Republicans Unveil Their Health Care Replacement Plan
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Friday, March 31, 2017 12:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: What’s Happening in Student Financial Services?
Thursday, April 13, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: How to Budget for Technology That Aligns with Institutional Goals
Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Update to Strategic Financial Analysis for Higher Education, 7th Edition: Corrections, Clarifications, and Consistency of Application
Monday, May 22, 2017 1:00PM ET