Members Advised to Wait on New SESAC License
September 10, 2003
In 2002, NACUBO and the American Council on Education renegotiated model licensing agreements with the two largest performing rights organizations, ASCAP and BMI, which included coverage for the performance of music over the Internet or internal computer networks for the first time, in addition to covering other uses of music on campus. The third performing rights organization, SESAC, was not involved in the negotiations.
NACUBO has learned that SESAC has sent a new license covering only Internet use to some colleges and universities. This license appears to be in addition to the license institutions may already have with SESAC for all other uses of music. NACUBO and ACE have contacted SESAC and asked that it enter negotiations with the associations on a new model license and cease marketing the Internet license to institutions in the meantime. Among other issues, the rates in the proposed license appear to be out of line with those negotiated with the other organizations. NACUBO recommends that institutions hold off on signing a new agreement with SESAC until further notice.
NACUBO Contact: Anne Gross, vice president, business and regulatory affairs, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Final Rules Issued on the Violence Against Women Act
- FASB Gives Go-Ahead for Exposure Draft on NFP Reporting
- CDC Advises Colleges, Universities and Students about Ebola
- 2015 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 22-23, 2015
- 2015 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 4-6, 2015
- 2015 Unrelated Business Income Tax
February 25-27, 2015
- WEBCAST: How to Build, Develop, and Support a Compliance Program at Your Institution
Wednesday, November 19, 2014 1:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Strategic Tuition Assessment and Tuition Restructuring
- ON-DEMAND: Are Shared Services Right for Your Organization – The KU Journey
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis