January Is Data Privacy Month
January 3, 2012
Throughout January, EDUCAUSE is offering activities and resources to help raise data privacy awareness in higher education. Your institution can participate by attending the upcoming free webinars and creating a plan to increase awareness at your institution.
FREE Data Privacy Webinars from EDUCAUSE
- January 4, 1-2 p.m. ET: EDUCAUSE Live! webinar with guest speakers Jolynn Dellinger (NCSA), Merri Beth Lavagnino (IU), and Nat Wood (FTC).
- January 10, 3-4 p.m. ET: EDUCAUSE Policy webinar with guest speaker Daniel J. Solove, John Marshall Harlan Research Professor of Law, George Washington University Law School, and host Tracy Mitrano, Director of IT Policy, Cornell University.
- January 25, 1-2 p.m. ET: A Balancing Act: Student Privacy and Student Data in the Electronic Age with guest speaker Kathleen Styles, Chief Privacy Officer, Department of Education.
- January 30, 1-2 p.m. ET: Protecting Personal Data: What Every Student Needs to Know About Online Reputation Management with speaker Matt Ivester, founder of JuicyCampus and author of lol…OMG!, and moderator Merri Beth Lavagnino, Chief Privacy Officer and Compliance Coordinator, Indiana University.
Additional information and registration are available on the EDUCAUSE Web site.
Director, Tax Policy
- Associations Respond to DACA and DREAM Act Concerns
- Congress Makes Changes to GI Bill Education Benefits
- CFPB Report Criticizes Campus Banking Agreements
- 2017 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 23-24, 2017
- 2017 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 1-3, 2017
- WEBCAST: NACUBO Live! Results of the 2016 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments
Thursday, February 2, 2017 9:15AM ET
- WEBCAST: Compliance Challenges for the New EPA Hazardous Waste Rule
Tuesday, February 7, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Thursday, February 9, 2017 12:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: The ROI of Student Success: Practical Considerations for Measuring and Conveying the Financial Value of Student Support Services
- ON-DEMAND: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus