January Is Data Privacy Month
January 3, 2012
Throughout January, EDUCAUSE is offering activities and resources to help raise data privacy awareness in higher education. Your institution can participate by attending the upcoming free webinars and creating a plan to increase awareness at your institution.
FREE Data Privacy Webinars from EDUCAUSE
- January 4, 1-2 p.m. ET: EDUCAUSE Live! webinar with guest speakers Jolynn Dellinger (NCSA), Merri Beth Lavagnino (IU), and Nat Wood (FTC).
- January 10, 3-4 p.m. ET: EDUCAUSE Policy webinar with guest speaker Daniel J. Solove, John Marshall Harlan Research Professor of Law, George Washington University Law School, and host Tracy Mitrano, Director of IT Policy, Cornell University.
- January 25, 1-2 p.m. ET: A Balancing Act: Student Privacy and Student Data in the Electronic Age with guest speaker Kathleen Styles, Chief Privacy Officer, Department of Education.
- January 30, 1-2 p.m. ET: Protecting Personal Data: What Every Student Needs to Know About Online Reputation Management with speaker Matt Ivester, founder of JuicyCampus and author of lol…OMG!, and moderator Merri Beth Lavagnino, Chief Privacy Officer and Compliance Coordinator, Indiana University.
Additional information and registration are available on the EDUCAUSE Web site.
Director, Tax Policy
- Broad Coalition Presses for Expansion of Employer-Provided Tuition Benefits
- New GASB Standard Tackles Fiduciary Activities
- New Report Details Charitable Giving to Colleges and Universities
- WEBCAST: Planning Components of Civil Discourse
Wednesday, March 15, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: NACUBO Live! 2017 Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
- ON-DEMAND: Compliance Challenges for the New EPA Hazardous Waste Rule
- ON-DEMAND: The ROI of Student Success: Practical Considerations for Measuring and Conveying the Financial Value of Student Support Services
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Student Financial Services Conference