January Is Data Privacy Month
January 3, 2012
Throughout January, EDUCAUSE is offering activities and resources to help raise data privacy awareness in higher education. Your institution can participate by attending the upcoming free webinars and creating a plan to increase awareness at your institution.
FREE Data Privacy Webinars from EDUCAUSE
- January 4, 1-2 p.m. ET: EDUCAUSE Live! webinar with guest speakers Jolynn Dellinger (NCSA), Merri Beth Lavagnino (IU), and Nat Wood (FTC).
- January 10, 3-4 p.m. ET: EDUCAUSE Policy webinar with guest speaker Daniel J. Solove, John Marshall Harlan Research Professor of Law, George Washington University Law School, and host Tracy Mitrano, Director of IT Policy, Cornell University.
- January 25, 1-2 p.m. ET: A Balancing Act: Student Privacy and Student Data in the Electronic Age with guest speaker Kathleen Styles, Chief Privacy Officer, Department of Education.
- January 30, 1-2 p.m. ET: Protecting Personal Data: What Every Student Needs to Know About Online Reputation Management with speaker Matt Ivester, founder of JuicyCampus and author of lol…OMG!, and moderator Merri Beth Lavagnino, Chief Privacy Officer and Compliance Coordinator, Indiana University.
Additional information and registration are available on the EDUCAUSE Web site.
Director, Tax Policy
- NACUBO Responds to FASB's NFP Proposal
- Results Are In: The 2014 NACUBO Tuition Discounting Study
- NLRB Dismisses Union Bid from Northwestern Football Players
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Wednesday, September 9, 2015 12:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Developing Your Campus Distance Learning Strategy
- ON-DEMAND: A Just-in-Time Webcast to Explain FASB’s NFP Reporting Proposal
- ON-DEMAND: Decoding ED's Cash Management Proposal
- ON-DEMAND: Corporate Sponsorships: Getting it Right
- ON-DEMAND: Analytics that Support Planning, Budgeting, and Results
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis