January Is Data Privacy Month
January 3, 2012
Throughout January, EDUCAUSE is offering activities and resources to help raise data privacy awareness in higher education. Your institution can participate by attending the upcoming free webinars and creating a plan to increase awareness at your institution.
FREE Data Privacy Webinars from EDUCAUSE
- January 4, 1-2 p.m. ET: EDUCAUSE Live! webinar with guest speakers Jolynn Dellinger (NCSA), Merri Beth Lavagnino (IU), and Nat Wood (FTC).
- January 10, 3-4 p.m. ET: EDUCAUSE Policy webinar with guest speaker Daniel J. Solove, John Marshall Harlan Research Professor of Law, George Washington University Law School, and host Tracy Mitrano, Director of IT Policy, Cornell University.
- January 25, 1-2 p.m. ET: A Balancing Act: Student Privacy and Student Data in the Electronic Age with guest speaker Kathleen Styles, Chief Privacy Officer, Department of Education.
- January 30, 1-2 p.m. ET: Protecting Personal Data: What Every Student Needs to Know About Online Reputation Management with speaker Matt Ivester, founder of JuicyCampus and author of lol…OMG!, and moderator Merri Beth Lavagnino, Chief Privacy Officer and Compliance Coordinator, Indiana University.
Additional information and registration are available on the EDUCAUSE Web site.
Director, Tax Policy
- Final Report for the 2016 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments is Now Available
- What Did I Miss? February 28-March 20, 2017
- ACA Repeal Moves Forward as House Republicans Unveil Their Health Care Replacement Plan
- WEBCAST: Innovative Ways to Fund and Launch Online Degree Programs
Tuesday, March 28, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Friday, March 31, 2017 12:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: How to Budget for Technology That Aligns with Institutional Goals
Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Update to Strategic Financial Analysis for Higher Education, 7th Edition: Corrections, Clarifications, and Consistency of Application
Monday, May 22, 2017 1:00PM ET