Agreement Reached with SESAC
December 5, 2003
The American Council on Education and NACUBO have reached an agreement with SESAC on a new model license for on-campus performance of music in the organization's repertoire. The new agreement, which SESAC will mail to institutions over the next few weeks, combines the coverage provided by SESAC's general College and University license and its Internet license. A letter from the three organizations explaining the agreement will be included in the mailing.
The term of the agreement has been shifted to align with the schedule used for college and university licenses with the two other performing rights organizations, ASCAP and BMI. It covers the period that began July 1, 2003, until June 30, 2007. Rates for the first year will be $.089 per FTE with a minimum of $180. Optional coverage for locally originated cable television will be included at no additional charge for the first year, but will cost $.018 for the second year. A schedule for modest price increases is included for the four years covered.
Most colleges and universities are currently licensed with SESAC and may have paid license fees past July 1, 2003, the effective date of the new agreement. SESAC will credit these payments to the new agreement. The balance of any license fees due for the initial period of the new agreement, July 1, 2003 through June 30, 2004, will be invoiced by SESAC when they receive the completed agreement. Subsequent payments will be due January 1 of each year based on the full-time equivalent enrollment in the fall.
The NACUBO contact for music licensing issues is Anne Gross, vice president, business and regulatory affairs. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202.861.2544.
- NACUBO Responds to FASB's NFP Proposal
- Results Are In: The 2014 NACUBO Tuition Discounting Study
- NLRB Dismisses Union Bid from Northwestern Football Players
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Wednesday, September 9, 2015 12:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: A Financially Sustainable Approach to Innovate Academic Programs
Wednesday, October 21, 2015 1:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Developing Your Campus Distance Learning Strategy
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2015 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live!: CBO Speaks
- ON-DEMAND: A Just-in-Time Webcast to Explain FASB’s NFP Reporting Proposal
- ON-DEMAND: Decoding ED's Cash Management Proposal
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis