Agreement Reached with SESAC
December 5, 2003
The American Council on Education and NACUBO have reached an agreement with SESAC on a new model license for on-campus performance of music in the organization's repertoire. The new agreement, which SESAC will mail to institutions over the next few weeks, combines the coverage provided by SESAC's general College and University license and its Internet license. A letter from the three organizations explaining the agreement will be included in the mailing.
The term of the agreement has been shifted to align with the schedule used for college and university licenses with the two other performing rights organizations, ASCAP and BMI. It covers the period that began July 1, 2003, until June 30, 2007. Rates for the first year will be $.089 per FTE with a minimum of $180. Optional coverage for locally originated cable television will be included at no additional charge for the first year, but will cost $.018 for the second year. A schedule for modest price increases is included for the four years covered.
Most colleges and universities are currently licensed with SESAC and may have paid license fees past July 1, 2003, the effective date of the new agreement. SESAC will credit these payments to the new agreement. The balance of any license fees due for the initial period of the new agreement, July 1, 2003 through June 30, 2004, will be invoiced by SESAC when they receive the completed agreement. Subsequent payments will be due January 1 of each year based on the full-time equivalent enrollment in the fall.
The NACUBO contact for music licensing issues is Anne Gross, vice president, business and regulatory affairs. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202.861.2544.
- NACUBO Responds to White House College Affordability Plans
- Recommendations for Completing Form 1098-T
- Preliminary Results Show that College and University Endowments Returned 11.7 Percent in FY13
- 2014 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 27-28, 2014
- 2014 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 5-7, 2014
- 2014 Facilities and Administrative Rates - Long Form
March 3-5, 2014
- WEBCAST: Developing a Market-Informed Approach to Tuition Pricing
Thursday, December 12, 2013 1:00 PM ET
- WEBCAST: How Behavioral Changes Helped Cut Energy Usage in Half
Wednesday, December 18, 2013 1:00 PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: The Process Necessary to Complete a Successful Implementation
- ON-DEMAND: OD: Responsibility Center Management: How Innovations Have Changed the Nature of RCM
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis