Leading in Tough Times Workbook: Case Studies for Higher Education Leaders
In these uncertain times, campus stakeholders must learn to make the best decision possible in ambiguous situations where there is less than optimal information available and the outcome cannot be predicted. The case studies in this workbook focus on financial, cultural, and ethical issues that have occurred on many campuses and have the potential to occur on others. They raise issues that are not easily addressed or that are resistant to easy consensus. They provide opportunities to practice nimble decision making and engender a sense of shared understanding and responsibility.
The higher education community can use these case studies in a variety of ways to focus attention and foster discussion on operational and strategic concerns. Campus leaders can engage their constituents in substantive discussions about the impact of the issues raised by these case studies on their campus, helping faculty, trustees, and administration develop consensus about priorities for engagement, levels of resources required, and/or the need for reallocation of resources. The cases also can be used in a teaching or training environment. Because these cases outline contemporary campus issues, they are useful in either a higher education administration degree program or a leadership training program managed by a campus or higher education association.
Download your copy of Leading in Tough Times Workbook: Case Studies for Higher Education Leaders today
By Brent D. Ruben and Susan Jurow
- Final Report for the 2016 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments is Now Available
- What Did I Miss? February 28-March 20, 2017
- ACA Repeal Moves Forward as House Republicans Unveil Their Health Care Replacement Plan
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Friday, March 31, 2017 12:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: What’s Happening in Student Financial Services?
Thursday, April 13, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: How to Budget for Technology That Aligns with Institutional Goals
Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Update to Strategic Financial Analysis for Higher Education, 7th Edition: Corrections, Clarifications, and Consistency of Application
Monday, May 22, 2017 1:00PM ET