Finding the Right Prescription for Higher Education
In the fall of 2011, NACUBO conducted a series of workshops grounded in lessons from the health care industry and focused on leading change. The audience was college and university senior leaders, whose institutions face a confluence of difficult choices and strategic opportunities in the coming years. The goal was to engage leaders in exploring how to initiate necessary change at the campus level and industry-wide.
Two documents resulted. The first is an executive summary of the discussions surrounding parallels and differences between the health care and higher education, and lessons higher education might take away from the change trajectory of health care. The second document has a more complete description of these discussions and includes a summary and examples taken from the workshops on change leadership that followed.
Finding the Right Prescription for Higher Education's Ills: Can Health Care Provide Answers?
By Peter D. Eckel and Karla Hignite
- ED Publishes Proposed Rules on Cash Management
- IPEDS Considers Improving Finance Survey
- Guidance Available on Title IX Coordinator Role
- 2015 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 3-4, 2015
- 2015 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 28-29, 2015
- 2015 Tax Forum
October 25-27, 2015
- ON-DEMAND: Lessons Learned in Communicating Financial Information Effectively
- ON-DEMAND: Corporate Sponsorships: Getting it Right
- ON-DEMAND: Analytics that Support Planning, Budgeting, and Results
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis