Finding the Right Prescription for Higher Education
In the fall of 2011, NACUBO conducted a series of workshops grounded in lessons from the health care industry and focused on leading change. The audience was college and university senior leaders, whose institutions face a confluence of difficult choices and strategic opportunities in the coming years. The goal was to engage leaders in exploring how to initiate necessary change at the campus level and industry-wide.
Two documents resulted. The first is an executive summary of the discussions surrounding parallels and differences between the health care and higher education, and lessons higher education might take away from the change trajectory of health care. The second document has a more complete description of these discussions and includes a summary and examples taken from the workshops on change leadership that followed.
Finding the Right Prescription for Higher Education's Ills: Can Health Care Provide Answers?
By Peter D. Eckel and Karla Hignite
- IRS Releases Final Report on College and University Compliance Project
- NACUBO Seeks Input on Ethics, Fraud, and Controls
- FY13 Implementation Reminder for Independent Institutions
- 2013 Higher Education Accounting Forum
May 19-21, 2013
- CAO and CBO Collaborations: Leveraging Institutional Capacity to Impact Effectiveness
August 5-6, 2013
- 2013 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 16-17, 2013
- WEBCAST: The Higher Education Accounting Forum Online
Wednesday, May 29, 2013 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM ET
- WEBCAST: Improve Your NFP Audit and Accounting Guide IQ
Wednesday, June 26, 2013 1:00 PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: OD: The Cashless and Paperless Business Office
- ON-DEMAND: Affordable Care Act: Implementation Roadmap for Colleges and Universities
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis