Finding the Right Prescription for Higher Education
In the fall of 2011, NACUBO conducted a series of workshops grounded in lessons from the health care industry and focused on leading change. The audience was college and university senior leaders, whose institutions face a confluence of difficult choices and strategic opportunities in the coming years. The goal was to engage leaders in exploring how to initiate necessary change at the campus level and industry-wide.
Two documents resulted. The first is an executive summary of the discussions surrounding parallels and differences between the health care and higher education, and lessons higher education might take away from the change trajectory of health care. The second document has a more complete description of these discussions and includes a summary and examples taken from the workshops on change leadership that followed.
Finding the Right Prescription for Higher Education's Ills: Can Health Care Provide Answers?
By Peter D. Eckel and Karla Hignite
- ED Proposes Substantial Expansion of Financial Responsibility Indicators
- Supreme Court Hands Down Two Decisions with Higher Education Implications
- NACUBO Objects to Annual SFA Audits
- 2016 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 1-2, 2016
- 2016 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 19-20, 2016
- 2016 Managerial Analysis and Decision Support
November 17-18, 2016
- WEBCAST: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus
Thursday, June 30, 2016 1:00 PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives