Finding the Right Prescription for Higher Education
In the fall of 2011, NACUBO conducted a series of workshops grounded in lessons from the health care industry and focused on leading change. The audience was college and university senior leaders, whose institutions face a confluence of difficult choices and strategic opportunities in the coming years. The goal was to engage leaders in exploring how to initiate necessary change at the campus level and industry-wide.
Two documents resulted. The first is an executive summary of the discussions surrounding parallels and differences between the health care and higher education, and lessons higher education might take away from the change trajectory of health care. The second document has a more complete description of these discussions and includes a summary and examples taken from the workshops on change leadership that followed.
Finding the Right Prescription for Higher Education's Ills: Can Health Care Provide Answers?
By Peter D. Eckel and Karla Hignite
- NACUBO Expresses Concerns with ED Proposal to Expand Federal Financial Responsibility Rules
- IRS Proposes Modifications to 1098-T Reporting
- ED Policy to Require Annual Student Aid Compliance Audits Beginning FY17
- 2016 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting Fall
October 24-25, 2016
- ON-DEMAND: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus
- ON-DEMAND: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives