Finding the Right Prescription for Higher Education
In the fall of 2011, NACUBO conducted a series of workshops grounded in lessons from the health care industry and focused on leading change. The audience was college and university senior leaders, whose institutions face a confluence of difficult choices and strategic opportunities in the coming years. The goal was to engage leaders in exploring how to initiate necessary change at the campus level and industry-wide.
Two documents resulted. The first is an executive summary of the discussions surrounding parallels and differences between the health care and higher education, and lessons higher education might take away from the change trajectory of health care. The second document has a more complete description of these discussions and includes a summary and examples taken from the workshops on change leadership that followed.
Finding the Right Prescription for Higher Education's Ills: Can Health Care Provide Answers?
By Peter D. Eckel and Karla Hignite
- Lawmakers Move Toward Affordable Care Act Repeal
- ED Issues Numerous Announcements Prior to Presidential Transition
- New Report Highlights the Benefits and Value of Higher Education
- 2017 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 1-3, 2017
- WEBCAST: NACUBO Live! Results of the 2016 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments
Thursday, February 2, 2017 9:15AM ET
- WEBCAST: Compliance Challenges for the New EPA Hazardous Waste Rule
Tuesday, February 7, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Thursday, February 9, 2017 12:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: The ROI of Student Success: Practical Considerations for Measuring and Conveying the Financial Value of Student Support Services
- ON-DEMAND: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus