Participate in the 2009 Healthy Campus Survey
July 29, 2009
Colleges and universities, like most employers, are focused on ways to control employment costs and improve faculty/staff engagement and commitment. The 2009 Healthy Campus Survey, developed by Sibson Consulting, will help gain understanding about higher education's best practices in health, wellness, and productivity initiatives.
In 2008, Sibson published results of their 2007 Healthy Campus Survey, which were distributed broadly throughout the higher education community at CUPA-HR and NACUBO conferences, and through our two survey reports. The results provided a framework for institutions to review and shape their own strategy for promoting a healthy campus.
The 2009 survey was developed based on Sibson's work with its Healthy Campus Advisory Council and will help institutions:
- Understand the health-focused "generation" in which their institution falls;
- Prioritize their investment in these initiatives, based on potential impact;
- Benchmark their workforce metrics against those sponsored by a range of U.S.-based employers, colleges and universities, as well as other organizations; and
- Make a business case to senior management for healthy campus program support by demonstrating trends and best practices and by leveraging current data in support of these initiatives.
One outcome of the prior study and the work of the council was development of a new way of thinking about the maturity of an institution's health and wellness efforts. They found that understanding the evolution and potential of an institution's health, wellness and productivity programs provides the most efficient roadmap to a workforce's improved health and productivity. (A link to an article describing this concept is available at the survey page below.)
To participate in the survey visit: 2009 Healthy Campus Survey. If you have questions about the survey, please contact Steve Cyboran at 312-984-8558.
Director, Distance Learning
- NACUBO Presses IRS for Relief from 1098-T Penalties
- Tuition Discounts Are Driving Up the Cost of College Says New Report
- FASB Clarifies Earlier Decision and Receives Not-for-Profit Advisory Committee Input
- 2014 Global Operations Forum
September 30-October 1, 2014
- 2014 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Fall
October 13-14, 2014
- ON-DEMAND: Strategic Tuition Assessment and Tuition Restructuring
- ON-DEMAND: Are Shared Services Right for Your Organization – The KU Journey
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: FASB's Proposed NFP Reporting Changes
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Global Operations Support and Compliance Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis